The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Is it mornjg again? Wow it feels like a real autumn day here. Dark, damp, and dismal with the occasional windy blustery bit. Heck that sounds just like Drago's Y fronts.

Have a good day and stay safe folks. :hello::laugh:

Tenkaykev

Guru
Good morning fellow retirees,

I'd like to start by saying a heartfelt thank you for all the lovely birthday wishes yesterday. It really does make a difference to be a member of such a lovely bunch of people (and Drago).

I had a splendid day, a fast 5k in the Club weekly challenge, a delivery of beer from our daughter in Edinburgh and an excellent curry from our local takeaway.
We had a family zoom meet up which was bitter sweet as I so miss the grandchildren.

On an even more uplifting note Mrs Tenkay cracked on yesterday and completed her virtual JoGle, 1488km over 36 days 🚲

Have a lovely peaceful day folks 🚲🏃🚶🌞

Last edited:

Dave7

Legendary Member
thanks @PaulSB , that loooks a good one, I’ll save it later, I actually did another one of yours a few weeks ago But forgot to mention it, Houghton, Gregson Lane, past the Houghton Arms, Bury Lane, Abbey Village, past Earnshaw res and then up to Pickup Bank before some downhill to home, it was about 40 miles and just under 3000ft of climbing, really enjoyed It.

However....... I had a slight off a couple of weeks ago and broke a collar bone! I’m out of action for a while but at least it was a different shoulder this time having already had four operations on the other side!

and.... the bike came out of it pretty much unmarked. The same can’t be said for my kit which they had to cut of me!

Funny couple of weeks, buggered up my shoulder but my retirement application finally went to the last two big decision makers. It’s nearly new bike time!

Cheers.
A slight off!!! Blimey I thought my cut shin was bad. Hope you recover soon.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
had a splendid day, a fast 5k in the Club weekly challenge,
I tried a jog for a mile this morning just to see how it felt. Lol. Hard work was the answer. I gave up after thinking I was doing even more harm to my wrecked back and sciatic legs, but after 4 months away from it I can't say they feel any better so I thought, what the heck, give it a little try.

Dave7

Legendary Member
I tried a jog for a mile this morning just to see how it felt. Lol. Hard work was the answer. I gave up after thinking I was doing even more harm to my wrecked back and sciatic legs, but after 4 months away from it I can't say they feel any better so I thought, what the heck, give it a little try.
My sympathy to you Mo. Over recent years I have had another try at running.but each time my lower back quickly let me know its a non starter.

Drago

Legendary Member
Is it mornjg again? Wow it feels like a real autumn day here. Dark, damp, and dismal with the occasional windy blustery bit. Heck that sounds just like Drago's Y fronts.

Have a good day and stay safe folks. :hello::laugh:
No, in the warm weather they tend to be dry and crusty. The scrapings are used as chocolate chips in the Lidl deluxe ice cream.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Morning all.
I was woken at approx 05.30 with the wind howling. Calmed down now but not a nice day. I postponed yesterdays ride till today but doubt that will happen.
We have had a bottle of Champers in the fridge for ages....must be 2 years. We are thinking luxury croissants, strawberries, honey (or possibly apricot jam) and bubbly. BIG decision.
We watched tv last night. Seems ages since we bothered. X Factor. Uhhmm some decent acts but tbh the panel make me gag. Anyone else feel like that?
@Tenkaykev .....once you get over his
y fronts Drago is not so bad really.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Lobster.......its a real take it or leave it for me. I have eaten it in an Anglesey pub and I have eaten it in a top restaurant in Israel. I just dont get it. Each to his own eh.
No I don't either. Some really good French friends insisted on taking me out for lobster on my birthday.

I put on a good show but was distinctly underwhelmed.

Top Bottom