The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GM

Legendary Member
Ah ... f'crying out loud. I've been trying to fettle the Cube and found another problem. This is frustrating.

I've now discovered that the front shifter is the 2403 series for a triple chainset, meaning it has a shifter incompatibe with my chainset as well as incompatible with the front changer. :wacko:

Monkers, forget the bike, get yourself one of these Xiaomi M365 Pro. Brilliant bit of kit, my boy has just bought one and of course I had to have a go down the road and back 25km/h, still got the smile on my face :smile:....

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Sold 2 old bikes on FB today.
Phone messenger went manic from the moment the ads went up.
I had 20 enquiries within 30 minutes. :eek:

Difficult to say, they stretch for I guess over 10 miles skirted by Penicuik and various villages of Edinburgh eg Swanston, Colinton, Juniper Green, Currie and Balerno, all of which have eating places and access points into them. Flotterstone Inn is popular, near Penicuik.

That's refreshed my memory, we went for a walk and had lunch at the Flotterstone Inn. 👍

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
There certainly won’t be the usual bargains before next year’s stock arrives this year. It’s often when I bought my bikes as you were getting several hundred off for virtually the same bike.

They can afford not to give discounts at the moment :okay:

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
There was a story on Wales today from a bike shop that said the waiting list for parts and servicing of bikes was up to February next year. :eek:. I do wonder how many new would be cyclists will fall by the wayside once the lockdown is over. I suspect an awful lot of bikes will suddenly be up for sale or thrown Into sheds never to be ridden again.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
There was a story on Wales today from a bike shop that said the waiting list for parts and servicing of bikes was up to February next year. :eek:. I do wonder how many new would be cyclists will fall by the wayside once the lockdown is over. I suspect an awful lot of bikes will suddenly be up for sale or thrown Into sheds never to be ridden again.
There may be job opportunities in the bike repair/sales business if the trend continues once all this corona lark is finally over.
If only a fraction of the people who are cycling at the moment , that includes loads of little kids around my way zooming about and seemingly really enjoying it, keep it up that would be really good. I fear the opposite might be true though. I really wonder where all these bikes have been living?

classic33

Leg End Member
I went for an evening bimble. I'm giving up on this bike - was tempted to throw it into the sea. Gears grinding away, three teeth now stripped of the 50T chainwheel. Ended up carrying it home.
Get in touch with the shop that sold it you. If it's worn that badly in the short time you've had it, I'd class it as being unfit for the purpose it was intended for.

And ask for a full refund, postage included. You'd be within your rights, so don't be palmed off.

classic33

Leg End Member
Last edited:
Top Bottom