The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
MM or NME? Beatles or Stones?

MM and Stones for me..........my mother** hated the Rolling Stones because they looked dirty. She liked The Beatles, they were clean, apparently.

** she also taught me the French smell. :eek::eek:...... really, she did!!!!!!!!
NME and Stones for me. Strange as I lived opposite and worked in Liverpool aged 15-17 and used to visit the Cavern. I was more into blues type music although I did and stilll do enjoy the 60s Mersey sound

Last edited:

Landsurfer

Veteran
We had a fun evening ....
Young Steve that lives across the road with his girlfriend and 2 toddlers ...
He worked for me for 4 years ... good mechanic ... grafter ...
So 6 (!!!) police cars turn up and spill their contents in full action man garb into the street, front door smashed down, Steve driven away in plain white car .... girlfriend terrified ... never mind the children.
Then the police start taking up all the drain covers along the street , including the one outside my house ( they very politely asked me to move the Transit) and start bringing up roll top waterproof bags and hundreds of car number plates..... about 10 drain covers in total and waterproof bags and number plates from each one .....:ohmy:

I wrote him a job reference only on Tuesday .... but it appears he had "alternative employment" already sorted !!!!!

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
NME and Stones for me. Strange as I lived opposite and worked in Liverpool aged 15-17 and used to visit the Cavern. I was more into blues type music although I did and stilll do enjoy the 60s Mersey sound
Blues music for me. It was hearing Canned Heat, On the road again, for the first time at secondary school that got me listening to the Blues.😊

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
So 6 (!!!) police cars turn up and spill their contents in full action man garb into the street, front door smashed down, Steve driven away in plain white car .... girlfriend terrified ... never mind the children.
Then the police start taking up all the drain covers along the street , including the one outside my house ( they very politely asked me to move the Transit) and start bringing up roll top waterproof bags and hundreds of car number plates..... about 10 drain covers in total and waterproof bags and number plates from each one .....:ohmy:

I wrote him a job reference only on Tuesday .... but it appears he had "alternative employment" already sorted !!!!!
:sad::ohmy:

Drago

Legendary Member

Bli,ey, so the latest illicit drug is called "number plates", eh?

Dave7

Legendary Member
I had a late night (for me) as I watched Lpool get tonked 4 nil by City. I forced some dirty alcohol** down expecting a draw or better :sad:.
**So I am sat here feeling knackered
MrsD has a hairdresser appointment (a bit of cheating going on there).
Rain promised for the day.
All in all I have very few ideas what to do although work is NOT one of the ideas.

Dave7

Legendary Member

Why would they have hundreds of number plates ??

Top Bottom