The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Exlaser2

Veteran
If Mrs WD, Mo and Monkers doesn't come back this thread will not have the sparkle that it had before 😢

I couldn’t agree more . They made this place a much more rounded and interesting place .😔

Please please can Mo , Monkers and mrs WD return to this thread , most of us really really value your contributions .

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 1258

I notice that Greek Odyssey with Bethany Hughes is on tonight, its an area that I don't know a lot about and the series has been most interesting.

D

Deleted member 1258

@dave r what prog is the Greek thingy on ?

Channel 5 at nine.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Pouring rain most of the day so spent the time on correspondence regarding my family history. Clearish records go back to 1597 and then a haitus when a probable connection in 1513 who died in battle. Not surprising for those times as we were under attack constantly from another border family who coveted the family lands. Nothing very grand appears and mostly recorded as farmers and a few butchers. Very time consuming work mostly done by my younger sister. Interesting stuff tho'.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Ah, beannachd bràthair. I used to live on a windy island way off the north coast, still own a cottage there. I've got an eye on North Uist at the moment, but Mrs D is younger than me and until she gives up working it seems unlikely to happen.
The Uists are a bit too far out and low lying for winter comfort. An t eilean Muileach actually is where I have been for nearly 50 years now but getting too much of a theme park and one is supposed to bow down to the almighty tourist.

Top Bottom