The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
It's lockdown fever......everybody is getting tetchy.
I am not getting "tetchy"!
Don't tell me what I'll be getting, should be a surprise anyway.

Drago

Legendary Member
The Uists are a bit too far out and low lying for winter comfort. An t eilean Muileach actually is where I have been for nearly 50 years now but getting too much of a theme park and one is supposed to bow down to the almighty tourist.
Lovely, although a bit inshore for me. The tourism is a double edged sword - once it gets to a certain level it becomes unwelcome, but then without it many of the islands economies would be unsustainable. A bit like the oil industry back home when I was a wee one, but without it the island would have been close on unpopulated by now. I counter it by staying well off the beaten track, although last time I was in Shaetlan earlier in the year I was in Lerwick and bumped into and ex Bobby who I'd not seen since I was in TVP in the 90's, so even 700 miles away from what is nominally now home it's difficult to keep my head down :laugh:

Dont get me wrong, its nice here in rural middle England, but I dont have to travel 10 miles to get the noise, concrete, dirt and bustle that I just hate.

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Tomorrow in Devon.......

Drago

Legendary Member
I also fancy the Scllies, but houses are in short supply and I don't want to eat into any of my capital to raise 500 large or more.

Top Bottom