The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Morning all, it looks dull outside.
Listening to TB on the radio and drinking tea.
Decorating seems to be the order of the day. The front room needs refreshing, so the woodwork is going to rubbed down and painted. Then the walls get it tomorrow.
No cycling today. :sad:

Tenkaykev

Guru
Good morning fellow retirees,

A grey and windy day. In pre plague days I'd be on my way to the Park at this time of the morning to help out at our local parkrun.
My journey took me past a Spoons in the middle of town and I'd often see a few souls waiting outside for the first drink of the day😯

Have a lovely peaceful day folks 🚲🏃🚶🏊🌞
Come back Mo, Welshie, Monkers, I hope it wasn't anything I said, if it was I apologise 🙏

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Morning one and all.......I've left out "good" because it's raining and has been, quite literally, for at least 30 hours.

Yesterday I began decorating the bathroom, today is second gloss coat and emulsion ceiling, tomorrow will be emulsion the walls, hopefully twice, job done.

The rest of the time I will probably be bored out of my tiny mind.

Think it's a good job the weather is awful, may put a dampener on Super Saturday which is/was going to lead to trouble. On the other side I feel desperately sorry for the lovely lady who runs our favourite cafe, she's worked so hard for today, really excited about opening up............

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Good morning to the rabble.:hello:
:rose:
Thought we'd lost you.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Morning all :hello:

I'm still trying to figure out what's happened.
Who said what, to whom and why was there a reaction?
Morning :hello:

The gist of it was that I made what I considered a very tongue in cheek and amusing comment re Nicola Sturgeon and it turned political and then certain people took offence that I dare introduce politics into this thread and got quite grumpy about it. I then threw my dolly out the pram a bit at being told what I can post by people that have only been on the thread for a short term..............there will that do? :laugh:

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Morning :hello:

The gist of it was that I made what I considered a very tongue in cheek and amusing comment re Nicola Sturgeon and it turned political and then certain people took offence that I dare introduce politics into this thread and got quite grumpy about it. I then threw my dolly out the pram a bit at being told what I can post by people that have only been on the thread for a short term..............there will that do? :laugh:

I always knew you were a wuss, playing with dollies Indeed.:laugh:

Top Bottom