The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 1258

Just to let everyone know, I'm still alive. The old war wound has been playing me up, the internet was even more broke than me, and the house is upside down due to decorating.

Insufficient bimbling either what with the above and winds we've been having here. There's been a bit of bike modding going on and some more in progress too.

I've missed you all in the meantime, and hope to be be to being here more next week. xx

Our place is going to be seriously upside down the end of next week, we're having laminate flooring put down in our through lounge and I've got to empty it, I'm having night mares trying to figure out where to put it all.

monkers

Veteran
Our place is going to be seriously upside down the end of next week, we're having laminate flooring put down in our through lounge and I've got to empty it, I'm having night mares trying to figure out where to put it all.

Such a nightmare. Replacing the existing laminate in this place is under consideration too, along with underfloor heating. The storage heaters are new, but the old problems of controlling them is the same, and they take up too much room for this small space.

Anyway I wish you luck for next week.

D

Deleted member 1258

Such a nightmare. Replacing the existing laminate in this place is under consideration too, along with underfloor heating. The storage heaters are new, but the old problems of controlling them is the same, and they take up too much room for this small space.

Anyway I wish you luck for next week.

We've got carpet down here at the moment, our problem is its a big room, 24 foot long, and theres limited options as where we put the furnature, when we had the carpet put down we had trouble getting in the kitchen, we had the settees in there stood on their ends plus other stuff, we couldn't get in the back bedroom, table, chairs and other stuff, plus stuff in the boxroom.

numbnuts

Legendary Member
Just to let everyone know, I'm still alive. The old war wound has been playing me up, the internet was even more broke than me, and the house is upside down due to decorating.

Insufficient bimbling either what with the above and winds we've been having here. There's been a bit of bike modding going on and some more in progress too.

I've missed you all in the meantime, and hope to be be to being here more next week. xx
Yeah your back I was going to send out a search party for you :hello:

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Not much, I wager.
@monkers looks far too young to remember them. :whistle:
I thought that would flush her out! :laugh:

monkers

Veteran
I knew she wouldn't stay away for long. the allure of a man in Y fronts is just too strong.

Get off me steps Compo ! (Still from actual footage) :laugh::laugh::laugh:
norah.jpg

12boy

Guru
I feel like touching on a wide and limitless subject.... My own ignorance and prejudice. I grew up thinking of people in unflattering stereotypes which I've learned are always wrong. For example, I thought the Italian people were all vicious criminals, Asians only loved male children, Germans are Nazis, and the English are either red faced, sweaty, pompous bullies or dry humorless stiff upper lip types. I could go on but I'm sure I have disgraced myself enough. At the risk of maudlinity (is that a word?) I've come to enjoy this thread because it daily illustrates how wrong my pigeon holing people is. You all appear to be caring, intelligent people whose self deprecating humor and affection for each other, even those with perennially soiled drawers, is heartening. I also enjoy the idea that although you are all UK citizens (I think) you also identify fairly strongly with the area you come from, in the same way the Native Americans I've worked with are of course Native Americans, but more importantly Flatheads, Northern Arapaho, Cheyenne or whatever tribe they belong to. In their cases the tribe is secondary to the family. I wish more people in this country could learn these lessons and that I could learn them better....

Top Bottom