The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Visit to the pub #4 since lockdown.
The Bell Inn, Watchet.
Exmoor Stag.:okay:

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Visit to the pub #4 since lockdown.
The Bell Inn, Watchet.
Exmoor Stag.:okay:

View attachment 534946
A very nice pint. I also like the Exmoor Beast

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
1976 I was living in a grotty bedsit, was running around on a new motorbike, an MZ250, and working in a small radio/TV workshop. I remember when the drought finally broke, I was in London and rode home up the M1 and M45 in a torrential down pour.
I was 18 in 1976, had finished my apprenticeship and was out on the railway as a second man. I had just bought my first proper motorcycle, a Honda CB175. A lovely bike that I had for a number of years.
The hot summer was wonderful if you weren't at work. The locomotive cabs were like saunas when you were not moving.
We had to have the windows and the cab doors open whilst moving to try and keep the temperature down.
When it finally did rain I was out walking with a mate of mine. We did a dance in the high road while getting wet.

monkers

Veteran
Just to let everyone know, I'm still alive. The old war wound has been playing me up, the internet was even more broke than me, and the house is upside down due to decorating.

Insufficient bimbling either what with the above and winds we've been having here. There's been a bit of bike modding going on and some more in progress too.

I've missed you all in the meantime, and hope to be be to being here more next week. xx

Dave7

Legendary Member
Just to let everyone know, I'm still alive. The old war wound has been playing me up, the internet was even more broke than me, and the house is upside down due to decorating.

Insufficient bimbling either what with the above and winds we've been having here. There's been a bit of bike modding going on and some more in progress too.

I've missed you all in the meantime, and hope to be be to being here more next week. xx
At least Drago can sleep peacefully now ^_^

gavroche

Getting old but not past it

Good to have you back. :smile:
We were wondering about asking @Drago to organise a search party as he is fully qualified in that field. We will put the sniffing dogs back in their kennels then. :okay:

Top Bottom