The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
I honestly don't think that I've posted over 6 million times on this forum. :wacko:

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Well that was good. We'd planned a favourite hilly ride to Edgworth but weather and wind suggested 35 miles and 3000 feet was not a good plan. Headed west instead to the flatlands intending to visit a favourite cafe which proved to be closed. "Never fear" said I "There's another we pass on the way home" while thinking to myself it's a bit of a dump.

So we arrived and it's been renovated. Great food, staff and atmosphere and the social distancing etc. absolutely bang on.

A great amble around for 55 miles at gentle average just over 15. Very happy. :smile:
I did 46 miles this afternoon with a hard average of 12mph. Legs are very tired now.

screenman

Legendary Member
The plasterer turned up, £40 to plaster the new chimney breast next Saturday, if he turns up which I think he will then he will get twice that quote, I have seen his work and it is good but he does not know how to quote a job. In fact it might well be a ton because that is what I think the job is worth, I would not expect anybody to give up a Saturday morning for less.

Top Bottom