The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 1258

Having had this mornings bimble cut short due to a puncture and a cut thumb I decided on a short one this afternoon. I hadn't taken this mornings 6 mile off the computer so I got home with 42 miles on. I rode over to Ullesthorpe and used the cafe at Palmers Garden Centre, the first time I've been in there since lockdown, the cafe has only just reopened. A lovely sunny afternoon, it would have been a lovely ride but it was very windy and was seriously slowing me down and making me work.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Those fillings sound good. But, like Dirk, I too have never tried a bagel, I’ve only a vague idea of what one is. I don’t know what a pretzel is either. Or a multimeter ! I’ve lead a sheltered life.
A bagel is a type of bread roll traditionally made in Jewish Bakeries. They are then sliced and filled with whatever filling takes your fancy.
1600363444716.png

rustybolts

pedalling tediously
Have decided to stay up very late tonight and drink 6 or 7 cans of Guinness, eat chocolate and crisps, ice cream and cake and generally pig out outrageously , crawl out tomorrow morning and cheer Sam Bennett who will have a very tough day fighting to keep the green jersey on the Tour . Its nice to " be good " most of the time but its great to " be an absolute piggy" now and again. I will remorsefully do a couple of 100k + spins on Sat and Sun but in the meantime Let Anarchy Reign !! COME ON SAM !!!

classic33

Leg End Member
That's another reason why I float so well (veggie diet!)... :laugh:
It's why they tend to weight a body down when disposing of one in water.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Morning all ^_^.
So dark this morning when I arose at 0530 and also quite chilly. Must say, I don't like it much.
We had visitors** yesterday which meant my plants remained unplanted.
** daughter and SiL who decided to move quickly before lockdown. They have also made a quick dash to Anglesey for the weekend........again, before lockdown.

Got a puncture in car tyre :sad::sad:. Think I picked it up on Wednesday as I noticed it yesterday morning. I decided not to faff so phoned a mobile type company. One hour later they were out and repaired it.......excellent service.

Top Bottom