The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pawl

Legendary Member
It's why they tend to weight a body down when disposing of one in water.

I will keep that for future reference..

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
Riding 4-5000 miles a year and getting 1 perhaps 2 punctures a year, some years none at all, was acceptable, why I should suddenly get 6 in 10 months I don't know, but its pissing me off.

Similar happened to me, although, I do nothing like your annual mileage, more like 1500 miles per year, I would guess. But, never-the-less, went for several years, with less than 1 puncture per year, then, all of a sudden, every time I went out, I got a flat!

I use a hybrid, changed to Schwalbe Marathons. I am reluctant to say "no punctures", fate and all that.

At present, it seems to be Mrs @BoldonLad's turn, two punctures in past two months!

D

Deleted member 1258

Does sound weird. Sure you don't have a sharp bit on your rim or something?

Similar happened to me, although, I do nothing like your annual mileage, more like 1500 miles per year, I would guess. But, never-the-less, went for several years, with less than 1 puncture per year, then, all of a sudden, every time I went out, I got a flat!

I use a hybrid, changed to Schwalbe Marathons. I am reluctant to say "no punctures", fate and all that.

At present, it seems to be Mrs @BoldonLad's turn, two punctures in past two months!

It is weird, mostly pinch punctures, so I don't think anything in the rim, I came across that problem with some new wheels a few years ago, the rims hadn't been deburred properly during manufacture and I had a series of punctures till I deburred the rims, myself. No its pinch flats like the tyres soft but the tyres are at the normal pressure the same as its been for years, I may get a gauge and start checking more thoroughly, I've been using the thumb and forefinger test all the years I've been riding. I've also started paying more attention to the road surface and the way I'm riding, just in case I've started riding more towards the gutter.

Well that was a gorgeous morning, wonderfully still, with warm hazy sunshine and cool morning air.
3880AB39-2852-403E-B2F3-560065EEE799.jpeg

C4B84001-93A8-4B06-BFF1-86B72549F10C.jpeg

18F61292-8752-43CD-B6F8-D20B84DED0EE.jpeg

5307BE7A-C3D9-4A7F-9C1E-A5F146C4F6CA.jpeg

Dave7

Legendary Member
Well that was a gorgeous morning, wonderfully still, with warm hazy sunshine and cool morning air.
View attachment 547787
View attachment 547788
View attachment 547789
View attachment 547790
If MrsD saw that big beastie she would off like a rocket
TBH I would be close behind :eek:

Top Bottom