The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Fair enough.
He'll only put another price up saying we were both wrong anyway.

I cheated ^_^

Old favourites
£8.95
Scampi, Chips, and Garden Peas
– fresh salad garnish

Ham, Eggs, and Our Own Chips
– cracking local Somerset ham!

Brit Fish and Chips
– accompanied with fresh homemade chipped potatoes

The Big Burger!
– Genuine half pounder made from 100% British beef

Served with French fries and salad

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Facebook post saying my hairdresser has a cancellation for 12 tomorrow so grabbed it. The way things are going they could well be closed again before long!
I have not had a haircut since last Christmas. Out any wind I have very definite "Ken Dodd " look so have to wear a cap out in any wind which is something I detest. If I manage to get off to my son's house next month {unless he gets stuck in Taiwan with a lockdown} I fear the dog clippers may come out.
As an aside one of our local roadies got stuck in West Africa for 12 weeks with no flights home.

screenman

Legendary Member
Popped into a garden centre today, for some odd reason I was not expecting this scene.
IMG_20200918_133332.jpg

Christmas it seems has arrived a huge great hall full of stuff.

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
You know you can eat those bright red fungi things.

Only once but you can definitely eat them:rolleyes:
Actually, Fly Agaric most likely won't kill you, unless you have an allergic reaction.
They are hallucinogenic more so than toxic.
Did you know that ancient Finnish herdsmen used to make a drink containing reindeer piss?
Reindeer eat the Fly Agaric fungi with no real affect to them. Their piss is mildly hallucinogenic after the fungi has passed through their system.
Ancient Finnish herdsmen must have had some weird evenings in their huts. :wacko:
Probably explains a lot of Scandinavian folklore.
The question I want to ask is...........what was the first herdsman doing when he discovered this? :eek:

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Actually, Fly Agaric most likely won't kill you, unless you have an allergic reaction.
Did you know that ancient Finnish herdsmen used to make a drink containing reindeer piss?
Reindeer eat the Fly Agaric fungi with no real affect to them. Their piss is mildly hallucinogenic after the fungi has passed through their system.
Ancient Finnish herdsmen must have had some weird evenings in their huts. :wacko:
The question I want to ask is...........what was the first herdsman doing when he discovered this? :eek:

I think I'll pass.xx(

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite

My exact thoughts, when I read this! ;)

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Just berated the guy in the caravan next to us for costing me £100. :angry:
He turned up yesterday and erected his new sun canopy.
MrsD said - 'Oh....I do like that! It's much nicer than ours. Can we have one?'
I've had to order one, with express delivery, to be delivered to the site we're moving on to tomorrow. :wacko:

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
I've had to order one, with express delivery, to be delivered to the site we're moving on to tomorrow. :wacko:

Yeah. Right. Blame your wife..... that old chestnut :laugh:

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite

Interestingly, I have found, if I reply to questions like: 'Oh....I do like that! It's much nicer than ours. Can we have one?', with, "yes, why not, you could buy one using YOUR debit/credit card", the enthusiasm to buy, diminishes, usually to zero. ;)

Top Bottom