The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pawl

Legendary Member
Riding 4-5000 miles a year and getting 1 perhaps 2 punctures a year, some years none at all, was acceptable, why I should suddenly get 6 in 10 months I don't know, but its pissing me off.

I’m going to tempt providence I haven’t had one of those things beginning with P in the last two years.

I swear by the Michelin range of endurance tyres.Normally ride 23c.Might give 25c a try on the planet x

On my Giant I have Michelin all season 23c Unfortunately with clip on guards I can’t go any wider.Have had these on for approximately a year and seem quite durable. Looking at them they do appear to be a little wider than 23c.
I do less mileage than you around 2000 miles a year.
Hope you get the problem sorted.

classic33

Leg End Member
Well that was a gorgeous morning, wonderfully still, with warm hazy sunshine and cool morning air.
View attachment 547787
View attachment 547788
View attachment 547789
View attachment 547790
Yours is that stone cottage on the right-hand edge, with the newish roof!

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Nice walk near the Mendip Gliding Club site this morning, then another walk through Stock Well woods.
Doggie should sleep well tonight!.

Followed by a spot of luncheon (Fish & Chips of course!) at the Brittania Inn, Wells.

Happy days! :smile:

Yours is that stone cottage on the right-hand edge, with the newish roof!
That’s actually a golf clubhouse, one of two in the vicinity that have gone bust in recent years. There are various proposals for repurposing it, including a mtb trail centre, but nothing has come of them yet. The course itself is currently mostly being used to graze horses.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Nice walk near the Mendip Gliding Club site this morning, then another walk through Stock Well woods.
Doggie should sleep well tonight!.

View attachment 547795

View attachment 547796

View attachment 547797

Followed by a spot of luncheon (Fish & Chips of course!) at the Brittania Inn, Wells.

View attachment 547801

Happy days! :smile:
You know you can eat those bright red fungi things.

Only once but you can definitely eat them:rolleyes:

Dave7

Legendary Member

classic33

Leg End Member
That’s actually a golf clubhouse, one of two in the vicinity that have gone bust in recent years. There are various proposals for repurposing it, including a mtb trail centre, but nothing has come of them yet. The course itself is currently mostly being used to graze horses.
This one(in front of the two whitewashed house's) a clubhouse!
IMG_20200918_150614.jpg

White(UPVC) windows

Top Bottom