The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Interestingly, I have found, if I reply to questions like: 'Oh....I do like that! It's much nicer than ours. Can we have one?', with, "yes, why not, you could buy one using YOUR debit/credit card", the enthusiasm to buy, diminishes, usually to zero. ;)
We don't have 'His' and 'Hers' anything - never have done. Everything has always been 50/50.

classic33

Leg End Member
Actually, Fly Agaric most likely won't kill you, unless you have an allergic reaction.
They are hallucinogenic more so than toxic.
Did you know that ancient Finnish herdsmen used to make a drink containing reindeer piss?
Reindeer eat the Fly Agaric fungi with no real affect to them. Their piss is mildly hallucinogenic after the fungi has passed through their system.
Ancient Finnish herdsmen must have had some weird evenings in their huts. :wacko:
Probably explains a lot of Scandinavian folklore.
The question I want to ask is...........what was the first herdsman doing when he discovered this? :eek:
Someone probably swapped his drink.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Interestingly, I have found, if I reply to questions like: 'Oh....I do like that! It's much nicer than ours. Can we have one?', with, "yes, why not, you could buy one using YOUR debit/credit card", the enthusiasm to buy, diminishes, usually to zero. ;)
Not for us...... we have one joint account so it doesn't matter which card or who uses it.

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Must have got it from a pub in Devon. All their flat beer looks like piss to me:rolleyes:
Not like Somerset then? :laugh:

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Would never have worked in my case as we had a joint account for all private use. I did swing a bike trailer and similar on the business but not everything would pass HMRC or the Vat Rat as we called him.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
The gas build-up within a body will ensure a body will float(unless held down).
Well perhaps a dead one..........

.........I am famous for not being able to float. If I stop moving I sink!!

PaulSB

Legendary Member
So good evening. I missed check in this morning.........no one noticed. 😭😭

We've been walking on Marsden Moor, Yorkshire. Passport stamped. A beautiful day with nearly a 10 mile hike. Mrs P is in the bath with a G&T, her Kindle and a plastic hat on her hair. I was tempted to take a picture..........:eek:

....... don't worry, I won't shock you all.

Just managed to decipher Chorley Covid-19 regulations. I can't visit my neighbours in their house or garden from Tuesday. I've been walking all day with them and can do on Wednesday. Bananas!!!

Top Bottom