The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
I had a tetanus injection when I were a lad and the doc was hamfisted.
He hit the bone in my shoulder and bent the needle. When he removed the syringe, the needle stayed in my arm.
He had to get a pair of pliers to pull the needle out.
Not the most pleasant of experiences for a 10 year old.

screenman

Legendary Member
For the last couple of weeks I have been looking for a suitable bike for Pam to use on her turbo, at 3.24am this morning I woke up and thought you Muppet you have one in the shed, sure enough in the shed was my 1989 mtb, not sold due to sentimental reason ( I raced on it) so first thing this morning dear post freed cut and dropped, rear tyre swapped for a slick and a suitable skewer found, she tried and said perfect. I am so pleased to see it back in use.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Unless your a Catholic, then every dam thing is a sin. :laugh:
Not if its a priest with little boys.
They seem to get forgiven :wacko:
I was raised a Catholic. Primary school education by nuns, Secondary school run by priests.

There was one priest who used to demand those who had transgressed see him in the sacristy at lunch time...........I never transgressed.........well never got caught.

Last edited:

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Wonderful day cycling in the Lakes. Rode Corney Fell, very happy with my time, and Hardknott but although I was five minutes faster than last time disappointed to discover how far off the pace I am......21st in my age group.** Third in age group on Corney Fell, my pal is KOM.

** My buddy suggested I should keep in mind people come from all over the country to ride an iconic climb. He's KOM in the age group and 4:28 faster!!!

classic33

Leg End Member
Wonderful day cycling in the Lakes. Rode Corney Fell, very happy with my time, and Hardknott but although I was five minutes faster than last time disappointed to discover how far off the pace I am......21st in my age group.** Third in age group on Corney Fell, my pal is KOM.

** My buddy suggested I should keep in mind people come from all over the country to ride an iconic climb. He's KOM in the age group and 4:28 faster!!!
Let a bit of air out of his tyres, before the next climb. There's always the chance he'll not notice.

Might slow him down a bit.

12boy

Guru
Once when 8 or 9 I had to have a daily shot in the gut for rabies for 14 days. I was so scared I was farting dust. The doc knew I was terrified and pulled out a gigantic syringe and a needle at least 2 feet long and held this horrific torture device above my belly. I shut my eyes and began to bellow in agony until I realized I felt nothing. The doc had discarded the giant one and slid in a normal sized needle on a a regular syringe and before I knew it he was done. Much ado about nothing. The rest of the shots were a piece of cake.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Morning :hello: Had thought about an early bimble but looking out I see it's a pea souper again this morning so I'll just have a walk and breakfast and see how it's looking later. Only thing is the wind will be picking up later I think.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Good morning fellow retirees,
Sunny with a gentle breeze forecast for today. I was a bit of a lazy beggar yesterday so need to get my act together.
Coffee first then out for a run. Phone doctor for flu jab appointment, phone dentist as the rear molar is getting painful on a more regular basis, get the turbo set up again after the holiday, and finally get back into my daily duolingo.
Have a lovely peaceful day folks
🏊‍♂️🚴‍♀️🏃‍♂️🚶‍♀️☕

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Good morning everyone. Here I am sat drinking coffee and watching the sky clear for what promises to be a beautiful day in the Lakes. The silence is deafening. I'm feeling very chilled. Slept from 11.00 through to 6.50, clearly I need to batter Lakeland climbs more often.

I forget our route details today other than we will be riding through the Duddon Valley to Little Langdale and round Coniston, all great places to ride.............one small issue is Little Langdale is the other side of Wrynose. 🤔😲

I've ridden Wrynose before but not from this side.........extra porridge I think. :hello:

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Good morning all fellow wheezers.
The room are now clear so that when the carpet fitters arrive they can crack on.
Out early with the mutt and then the hanging around will start waiting for the phone call from the fitters.

I also have a new pair of Adidas Samba trainers arriving by post. I needed a new pair and the Martyn Lewis money site had a code and link for 30% off from Adidas.:okay:

Yesterday I fitted the new brake levers and cables to the tourer, today new bar tape will finish the job off.

Stay safe and sensible everyone ^_^

Top Bottom