The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Good morning all fellow wheezers.
The room are now clear so that when the carpet fitters arrive they can crack on.
Out early with the mutt and then the hanging around will start waiting for the phone call from the fitters.

I also have a new pair of Adidas Samba trainers arriving by post. I needed a new pair and the Martyn Lewis money site had a code and link for 30% off from Adidas.:okay:

Yesterday I fitted the new brake levers and cables to the tourer, today new bar tape will finish the job off.

Stay safe and sensible everyone ^_^

Now you've got me thinking, a beer pump on the handlebars instead of those namby pamby bidons 🍻

Wine delivery due this morning 🍷

Mo1959

Legendary Member
First day of meteorological autumn and it definitely felt like it. Low lying mist, nip in the air, trees turning and dropping a few leaves and regular flocks of geese going over.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Wonderful day cycling in the Lakes. Rode Corney Fell, very happy with my time, and Hardknott but although I was five minutes faster than last time disappointed to discover how far off the pace I am......21st in my age group.** Third in age group on Corney Fell, my pal is KOM.

** My buddy suggested I should keep in mind people come from all over the country to ride an iconic climb. He's KOM in the age group and 4:28 faster!!!
Blimey. Its hard enough driving over that in a car.
I take my hat off to you (and others on here).

oldwheels

Legendary Member
First day of meteorological autumn and it definitely felt like it. Low lying mist, nip in the air, trees turning and dropping a few leaves and regular flocks of geese going over.

View attachment 548344
This is the second pic at least of this path think you have put up. Strange apart from the better surface it looks identical to a path round a loch in Aros Park,Tobermory.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
This is the second pic at least of this path think you have put up. Strange apart from the better surface it looks identical to a path round a loch in Aros Park,Tobermory.
Yes, I must venture further afield. Most of my pics are inclined to be local. Another summer over and I have never taken a jaunt anywhere else, although with Covid, it never felt like something I was that keen to do anyway.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Morning gang.
Another chilly but beautiful day beckons.
Woke at 0700........a good 10 hours kip.
MrsD stirred, poked her head out of the duvet and said "its getting light already":wacko:.
It only seems like last week when it was light at 0500.
Feeling a bit stronger today and MrsD has already had 2 biscuits. I feel a bacon and tomato on toast butty coming on then maybe a 2 mile walk.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Bonjour. Who is getting the croissants this morning?
Lovely day again here in sunny North Wales. I am going to see my son at lunch time and see if i can use his phone to do my settle status thingy as my is not compatible with the government's site. He is also seriously talking about getting his French passport now so we will look into that as well.
I might go for a ride later on when I get back before the weather starts deteriorating after today I believe.
Does anyone also have problems with missing socks? I bought 6 brand new pairs not long ago and can only find one and half now. Where do they disappear to?

Top Bottom