The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Just been out to the pharmacy as I like to keep a few weeks supply in stock.
We seem to have a new system in force with GPs. We get a phone call as requested and tell them what we thing is wrong with us and what medication we need. They then say "ok I'll just send that down to pharmacy and by the way make an appointment in 6 months for a repeat ultrasound of your liver". I know that radiology would tell me they do not do direct appointments but only those referred by a GP. Where on earth do they get these people from?
While out I went to check on the new flowers left on my wife's grave a few days ago. Real ones get eaten immediately by red deer so it has to be artificial ones but they have had a go at these as well and even bitten through the wire stems but found the flowers inedible. It will be 5 years in a couple of weeks since she died and we were together for 60 so my memories are still fresh.

pawl

Legendary Member
Talking of brum brums, I haven't started mine up for a couple of weeks again. Should take it a short run, especially now it's getting colder. Don't want another flat battery.

Mine is square and bulky I do mean the battery.

D

Deleted member 1258

Because we're meeting my Brother In Law down the club tomorrow my Thursday ride has been brought forward to today, but it hasn't gone ahead because its been piddling down all morning, I've now given up and we're going out in the car.

classic33

Leg End Member
Good morning.
A real winters day here although not as cold. Dark, raining and miserable.
We had the concrete deck of our new sun trap:wacko: repainted yesterday (the colour was too light) and its a water based paint** so I hoping it hasn't been washed away.
**finding exterior concrete pain off the shelf proved impossible so we settled for Ronseal Diamond Hard garage floor paint.

As we are both feeling better and actually starting to eat we thought we may get a short walk in....... we will see what the weather allows.
Why do you want to get pain off the shelves, and pay for it!

Dave7

Legendary Member
Just been out to the pharmacy as I like to keep a few weeks supply in stock.
We seem to have a new system in force with GPs. We get a phone call as requested and tell them what we thing is wrong with us and what medication we need. They then say "ok I'll just send that down to pharmacy and by the way make an appointment in 6 months for a repeat ultrasound of your liver". I know that radiology would tell me they do not do direct appointments but only those referred by a GP. Where on earth do they get these people from?
While out I went to check on the new flowers left on my wife's grave a few days ago. Real ones get eaten immediately by red deer so it has to be artificial ones but they have had a go at these as well and even bitten through the wire stems but found the flowers inedible. It will be 5 years in a couple of weeks since she died and we were together for 60 so my memories are still fresh.
Thinking of you Oldwheels. MrsD sends her best to you.
53 years for us and tbh although morbid we worry about who should go first. I feel for you .

Been for a walk. Several pages of catching up to do !
Fantastic morning, heard and saw, mostly heard, thousands of geese passing over.
00C8205C-2AF8-4DB3-91BA-98ED36465153.jpeg

6715E259-1AA0-4CF1-A6B3-E760B75CA1A9.jpeg

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Thinking of you Oldwheels. MrsD sends her best to you.
53 years for us and tbh although morbid we worry about who should go first. I feel for you .
I did worry about who would go first as she had Parkinson's sliding into dementia and I was a full time carer.
If I had gone first she would have had to go into what she described with good reason as "that hell hole in Craignure" as she would have been too much for my daughter in law to be expected to look after. The "hell hole " was in fact one of the better places and a nurse who came once a week had experience of some of the other places and confirmed this. The said nurse was a great friend to my wife but she also kept me relatively sane and she went well beyond her remit in helping.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Just been checking the bank................. we switched from Tonik Energy to People's Energy last March. Tonik refused to refund the £128 owing to us. Eventually I gave them one last chance offering them one week to cough up or I would go to the Ombudsman. I made it clear going to the Ombudsman would result in higher costs etc. than simply refunding me.

This morning I see I've received the £128 refund plus £100 compensation the Ombudsman awarded me. Result!!

PaulSB

Legendary Member
The Eagle has landed....
View attachment 548754
On the foothills of Dunkery Beacon on Exmoor.
Just had an excellent turkey carvery at the Rest and be Thankful pub. :okay:
So, from tomorrow, I'll be OK going to the pub, if there are more than 6 people there, so long as I wear a dress and put on a bit of lippy? Have I got that right?
Awaiting tomorrow's photo with eager anticipation!!!!!!!!!!!!! :ohmy:

Sterlo

Early Retirement Planning
Just been checking the bank................. we switched from Tonik Energy to People's Energy last March. Tonik refused to refund the £128 owing to us. Eventually I gave them one last chance offering them one week to cough up or I would go to the Ombudsman. I made it clear going to the Ombudsman would result in higher costs etc. than simply refunding me.

This morning I see I've received the £128 refund plus £100 compensation the Ombudsman awarded me. Result!!
I wouldn't use the phrase "cough up" at the moment!

Top Bottom