The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

screenman

Legendary Member
Good morning.
A real winters day here although not as cold. Dark, raining and miserable.
We had the concrete deck of our new sun trap:wacko: repainted yesterday (the colour was too light) and its a water based paint** so I hoping it hasn't been washed away.
**finding exterior concrete pain off the shelf proved impossible so we settled for Ronseal Diamond Hard garage floor paint.

As we are both feeling better and actually starting to eat we thought we may get a short walk in....... we will see what the weather allows.

It said oil based and I thinned mine with a bit of white spirit, great stuff on the garage floor.

12boy

Guru
Learned 2 new terms today...brum brum and and sun trap. Who says this thread ain't educational. I also found your discussion of Covid restrictions interesting. Unfortunately, many of the folks around here don't believe it's real, refuse to wear masks and the stores don't eject them although signage does say they must wear one. However, our 2 major metroplexes, Casper and Cheyenne have less than 60 thousand residents and the whole state has maybe 550 thousand in an area the size of the UK. No one I know personally has had it. People are getting used to standing apart a little, though. I do most of the shopping and errands since Mrs 12's immune system is pretty puny from cancer meds and radiation, although were I to be be contagious she would likely get it anyway. Still, we do the best we can. Our state immunologist told me long ago that no matter if it's illness or accident, things will go better if you are fit and strong to begin with. I've glad to hear of your walking, running and cycling feats.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
On the foothills of Dunkery Beacon on Exmoor.
I can't remember if you have your bike with you? If you do, I can recommend the climb up there - a good challenge and excellent views! I did it in 2017 from north to south as part of a 124 km loop from Tiverton via Minehead.
Porlock from Exmoor climb to Dunkery Beacon.jpg

classic33

Leg End Member
Learned 2 new terms today...brum brum and and sun trap. Who says this thread ain't educational. I also found your discussion of Covid restrictions interesting. Unfortunately, many of the folks around here don't believe it's real, refuse to wear masks and the stores don't eject them although signage does say they must wear one. However, our 2 major metroplexes, Casper and Cheyenne have less than 60 thousand residents and the whole state has maybe 550 thousand in an area the size of the UK. No one I know personally has had it. People are getting used to standing apart a little, though. I do most of the shopping and errands since Mrs 12's immune system is pretty puny from cancer meds and radiation, although were I to be be contagious she would likely get it anyway. Still, we do the best we can. Our state immunologist told me long ago that no matter if it's illness or accident, things will go better if you are fit and strong to begin with. I've glad to hear of your walking, running and cycling feats.
There's plenty over here that don't believe it's real either.

Any further snowfall?

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Just back a pleasant 35 miles. Tried out the new ISM saddle. I think the fact that I managed 35 miles without constantly squirming and standing up every five minutes says it's pretty good. A faint slightly bruised feeling on the inner sit bones but that is where the pressure should be and is much better than on the soft, fleshy parts! Only problem is does this mean I have to buy more for the other bikes :laugh:

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Just back a pleasant 35 miles. Tried out the new ISM saddle. I think the fact that I managed 35 miles without constantly squirming and standing up every five minutes says it's pretty good. A faint slightly bruised feeling on the inner sit bones but that is where the pressure should be and is much better than on the soft, fleshy parts! Only problem is does this mean I have to buy more for the other bikes :laugh:

I do like my Brooks saddle.

D

Deleted member 1258

I like my charge spoon saddle.

Tenkaykev

Guru

I'm currently breaking in a B17 on the Turbo trainer. I've a C17 Cambium on my Brommie at the moment, very comfortable and most importantly it's black and matches the bike. The B17 is honey coloured and I'm thinking that might match the main frame colour which is orange? Perhaps I should take a couple of photos and put it to the vote 😁

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
I'm currently breaking in a B17 on the Turbo trainer. I've a C17 Cambium on my Brommie at the moment, very comfortable and most importantly it's black and matches the bike. The B17 is honey coloured and I'm thinking that might match the main frame colour which is orange? Perhaps I should take a couple of photos and put it to the vote 😁

My bike is a gunmetal gray colour and I have a B67s saddle honey colour on it. Matches a real treat.

Top Bottom