The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
Yet... It is currently mainly young people catching it, but as the numbers go up then it is almost inevitable to spread to older folk with a corresponding rise in mortality. And don't forget, there is a 2-3 week lag because those who die tend to suffer for weeks first. :sad:

Plus the NHS sending out patients, to care/nursing homes, without testing, at the beginning of lockdown, no doubt ensured that a large tranche of elderly and/or vulnerable were polished off.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Plus the NHS sending out patients, to care/nursing homes, without testing, at the beginning of lockdown, no doubt ensured that a large tranche of elderly and/or vulnerable were polished off.
I did wonder about that. It might well be that even though less than 10% of our population has had it so far, perhaps 50% of the elderly and vulnerable have either died from it or had it and recovered. I suppose we are going to find out...

The test/track/trace fiasco is a big part of what is going wrong now. It would be fine to let people get back to normal life if we knew who had the damn bug and kept them out of circulation for a couple of weeks.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
I did wonder about that. It might well be that even though less than 10% of our population has had it so far, perhaps 50% of the elderly and vulnerable have either died from it or had it and recovered. I suppose we are going to find out...

The test/track/trace fiasco is a big part of what is going wrong now. It would be fine to let people get back to normal life if we knew who had the damn bug and kept them out of circulation for a couple of weeks.

Steady on!

Not sure what counts as elderly and vulnerable, but, at 73 with heart condition, I am hoping for more than a 50/50 chance to keep peddling... ;)

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
I rarely watch the news, if its all gloom and doom its a good job I don't watch it.

Same here.

Have stopped watching the news, reading Newspapers.

Seriously thinking of stopping Social Media and Forums, because I am sick of all the Corona Virus stuff, particular the Corona Virus Stasi, who seem to spend their lives commenting on what everyone else is doing.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Secure recycling! :laugh:

Either that, or he forgot to browse sexycyclists.com in a private tab, and is trying to hide the evidence... :whistle:

As I posted somewhere else the whole thing is a mish mash and full of holes. As I read it I can in fact go and stay overnight at my son's house as long as we form an extended family whatever that is. live on my own so it seems to be ok under the current regulation.
This is backed up by the Q&A on the BBC...
exemptions are in place for extended households.
This is where a household with one adult joins one other household. People in extended households can visit each other, stay overnight and do not need to physically distance.
Covid in Scotland: Your questions answered on the new restrictions https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-54268289

Top Bottom