The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 1258

:hello: Good morning folks

Tenkaykev

Guru
Good morning fellow retirees,

A wet and windy day ahead. I'm planning to walk into Wimborne for a loaf of bread, there's a small baker's shop that bakes great loaves and even better cakes. Hopefully the calories expended walking will cancel the cake calories 🤔
After our outstanding afternoon tea at the Dome in Edinburgh a week or so ago, Mrs Tenkay informs me that Morrisons also do one. Admittedly the surroundings might not be as swish but at £10 it's certainly a lot cheaper 😁
Have a lovely peaceful day folks 🏊‍♂️🚴‍♀️🏃‍♂️☔

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
And now it's raining, but I am snug and warm. You gotta love a real fire. :laugh:

Dave7

Legendary Member
And now it's raining, but I am snug and warm. You gotta love a real fire. :laugh:

View attachment 548867
When we moved here, many years ago, we had a real fire and a back boiler for the c/h. It used to eat fuel :eek:. Yes, a real fire is nice but a real pain in the arris.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Morning all ^_^.
Was lashing down when I got up. Easing off now but here for the day.
I am dropping MrsD at the hairdresser then to Asda for some shopping**
**must say I feel uneasy about it. I am used to being on my own in Aldi at 0745.
Then I am making a chicken and veg casserole.
MrsD is gradually going off meat so this may not be our best ever decision.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
Good morning fellow retirees,

A wet and windy day ahead. I'm planning to walk into Wimborne for a loaf of bread, there's a small baker's shop that bakes great loaves and even better cakes. Hopefully the calories expended walking will cancel the cake calories 🤔
After our outstanding afternoon tea at the Dome in Edinburgh a week or so ago, Mrs Tenkay informs me that Morrisons also do one. Admittedly the surroundings might not be as swish but at £10 it's certainly a lot cheaper 😁
Have a lovely peaceful day folks 🏊‍♂️🚴‍♀️🏃‍♂️☔

I like an optimist ;)

Top Bottom