The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Er... :whistle:

classic33

Leg End Member
I am not having that.
How would they see to measure it at night ?
And don't suggest torches cos we would have seen that.
Travelling away from earth, they'd have no need to shine a light where they'd just been, only where they were headed, away from here. So you'd not have seen it.

classic33

Leg End Member
Ooh. Are we having a science lesson? I was always crap at science. :laugh:
Sight Test, nowt much.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Wandering up the trailway to Wimborne earlier with Mrs Tenkay we spotted a friend we'd not seen for a while running towards us.
I'd started a walking activity on my Garmin watch when we left the house and I'd felt a vibration at my wrist at each kilometer.
Our friend paused for a brief socially distanced natter and we did an " elbow bump" out of mutual pleasure of seeing each other after such a long time.

As we were talking my watch started buzzing and beeping on my wrist. I glanced down and saw that I'd triggered "incident detection" and the watch display said something along the lines of " You appear to have had a fall, contacting emergency contact, press button to cancel"
I'd forgotten all about the feature, I'd set it up to message Mrs Tenkay should it ever be triggered but not thought about it since. Quite impressed with it, it saw that I'd stopped moving, interpreted the Elbow bump as a fall, waited 30 seconds for me to start moving again and when that didn't happen it messaged the emergency contact that I'd set up. What's even more clever was that Mrs Tenkay gets a message to say I've come a cropper and shows my location on a map.
All very impressive, if I ever fall of a barstool then Mrs Tenkay can see which pub I'm in and come and rescue me! 😁

classic33

Leg End Member
Wandering up the trailway to Wimborne earlier with Mrs Tenkay we spotted a friend we'd not seen for a while running towards us.
I'd started a walking activity on my Garmin watch when we left the house and I'd felt a vibration at my wrist at each kilometer.
Our friend paused for a brief socially distanced natter and we did an " elbow bump" out of mutual pleasure of seeing each other after such a long time.

As we were talking my watch started buzzing and beeping on my wrist. I glanced down and saw that I'd triggered "incident detection" and the watch display said something along the lines of " You appear to have had a fall, contacting emergency contact, press button to cancel"
I'd forgotten all about the feature, I'd set it up to message Mrs Tenkay should it ever be triggered but not thought about it since. Quite impressed with it, it saw that I'd stopped moving, interpreted the Elbow bump as a fall, waited 30 seconds for me to start moving again and when that didn't happen it messaged the emergency contact that I'd set up. What's even more clever was that Mrs Tenkay gets a message to say I've come a cropper and shows my location on a map.
All very impressive, if I ever fall of a barstool then Mrs Tenkay can see which pub I'm in and come and rescue me! 😁
Did she get the message though!

Top Bottom