The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 1258

Back from Sainsburys. Only thing I couldn’t get was fennel. Is this because covidiots have been panic buying it ?
(Plenty of loo roll btw)

I've been in Tesco this morning and it was just a normal Friday, no sign of panic buying.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
I have been pottering this morning. The morning has gone quite quickly.

Fish and chips for us today.

Mr WD has gone out so I have taken the opportunity to use a craft knife. He hates to see me using anything sharp as A. He fears I might use it on him and B. I am left handed and he always thinks I'm going to end up slicing my own fingers off.:laugh:

Dave7

Legendary Member
Anyway.
I took the aunty to Widnes for her eye treatment. MrsD took her in.
I sat in the car:sad:
I THOUGHT it was 15-20 minute job.
It was 2 hours !!!!!
I had not had breckie
I was freezing.
I was bored.
It was not the most enjoyable morning I have spent.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Just back a walk. Really chilly northerly so took a while to warm up, but a little steep climb did it. Nice and sunny but deceptively cold.

IMG_0362.jpeg

Mo1959

Legendary Member
My photos never look as clear on here as they do on the computer. Does the site compress them or something I wonder?

oldwheels

Legendary Member
If you say so! I don't do cold and I don't do swimming so will give it a miss. :laugh:
Having been a scuba diver we dived a lot in winter. Lowest sea temp I remember was 7C and with woolly bear and drysuit it was freezing. I would never go into any waters around Scotland without a wet suit at least even in summer. Cannot remember now the survival times but if you fell into the sea in winter without protective gear the cold could kill you in minutes.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Having been a scuba diver we dived a lot in winter. Lowest sea temp I remember was 7C and with woolly bear and drysuit it was freezing. I would never go into any waters around Scotland without a wet suit at least even in summer. Cannot remember now the survival times but if you fell into the sea in winter without protective gear the cold could kill you in minutes.
I recall one of my early dives. Dorothea quarry which is deep.
I was in a borrowed, ill fitting, semi dry.
I could see the thermo clime below me without knowing what it was.
I thought I was having a heart attack when I entered it.
These poor kids that jump into reservoirs have no idea.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
I recall one of my early dives. Dorothea quarry which is deep.
I was in a borrowed, ill fitting, semi dry.
I could see the thermo clime below me without knowing what it was.
I thought I was having a heart attack when I entered it.
These poor kids that jump into reservoirs have no idea.
One of the unfortunate jobs myself and a buddy had one hot summer was to go into a deep river pool on the River Forsa and pull out 2 bodies. One had jumped in and the cold got him immediately and the other one went in after him and also died from the thermal shock. The police dive unit would have had to come from Glasgow the next day so we were asked by the local police sergeant to do it.

Top Bottom