The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Bloody hell. Look at this female cyclist’s leg after her crash on the world time trial. Glad I’ve finished my lunch.

Drago

Legendary Member
Holy Boris! :eek:

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
How pathetic. With the interest rates at 0.01% if you have £1000 you will earn the grand sum of £ 0.10 after twelve months. At that rate you might have earned enough Interest to buy yourself a cup of coffee in 20 years.

Welcome to the new World. :laugh:

Dave7

Legendary Member
One of the unfortunate jobs myself and a buddy had one hot summer was to go into a deep river pool on the River Forsa and pull out 2 bodies. One had jumped in and the cold got him immediately and the other one went in after him and also died from the thermal shock. The police dive unit would have had to come from Glasgow the next day so we were asked by the local police sergeant to do it.
As I understand it the thermclyme is the nearest you can get to freezing. You hit that and the body goes into lock down. As I said, those kids have no idea and then its too late.

Dave7

Legendary Member
@oldwheels a sort of funny story (could have been tragic).
A drift dive in Egypt. 12 of us. When we got back on board there were 13 of us :wacko:.
A guy (who didnt speak English) on a drift dive one mile away......got separated and just floated until he, fortunately, met up with us. Our boat people managed to talk with his and met up to transfer him. A lucky guy.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
@oldwheels a sort of funny story (could have been tragic).
A drift dive in Egypt. 12 of us. When we got back on board there were 13 of us :wacko:.
A guy (who didnt speak English) on a drift dive one mile away......got separated and just floated until he, fortunately, met up with us. Our boat people managed to talk with his and met up to transfer him. A lucky guy.
Several local commercial divers used to dive solo for scallops using a RIB. One well known character had 2 known escapades. He was attached to his rib by a line when the fishing vessel Jacobite came past and assumed the rib was adrift so attached a line to it and set off. He surfaced doing about 10 knots and it took some time before he was noticed. Second one was when he did get separated from his rib in the Firth of Lorne so just lay on the surface till he saw a boat and raised his thumb to hitch a lift. On a third occasion some holiday scubies were stealing from his stash of small scallops under Salen pier and raised two fingers to him. A small stick of dynamite soon settled their hash but he got 6 months in jail for it.

screenman

Legendary Member
As I understand it the thermclyme is the nearest you can get to freezing. You hit that and the body goes into lock down. As I said, those kids have no idea and then its too late.

I learned to windsurf in December 1980, we also have a photo somewhere of me in the sea and snow on the beach, I am only slightly more intelligent nowadays. We have a cold water swim at Woodhall Spa pool next weekend they are guessing at 15 so not really icy more cool. Outside swim tonight will be interesting getting out and changed poolside as the changing rooms are out of bounds.

Dave7

Legendary Member
I learned to windsurf in December 1980, we also have a photo somewhere of me in the sea and snow on the beach, I am only slightly more intelligent nowadays. We have a cold water swim at Woodhall Spa pool next weekend they are guessing at 15 so not really icy more cool. Outside swim tonight will be interesting getting out and changed poolside as the changing rooms are out of bounds.
No probs.
Thermoclymes are generally in quarries etc at, maybe 15 metres. You will be fine.

Top Bottom