The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
I managed to do 18 very windy miles this afternoon.

Colwyn Bay beach.

The Little Orme and Angel Bay at the bottom where I take Molly for a run sometimes.

Exlaser2

Veteran
Evening all . Have to spent a very windy afternoon packing up my wife’s boat as she is going to do her first ( and probably last )open meeting of this very strange year. TBH with the wind forecast she was half hoping it would be cancelled (once the wind gets to around 30 mph most dinghy sailors come in and the windsurfers start going out lol ) Anyway hoping for a good day out whatever, never been to desborough sailing club on the Thames near the old shepperton film studios before .😀

PaulSB

Legendary Member
@12boy don't fret!! The very good reason we find it more difficult to remember stuff is this. Our brains are already full of knowledge, wisdom and experience why should we bother filling it with "don't forget the bread?" 🤔

I put reminders on my phone calendar. Works well.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
In an earlier post I mentioned that we had been asked by the local police sergeant to undertake a task for him which in retrospect was probably not strictly legal.
He did have a somewhat cavalier attitude towards senior management illustrated by a story Drago would no doubt appreciate.
He was being visited by his Chief Superintendent{ who was a cousin of my wife } and the Traffic equivalent. Since they had to stay overnight he arranged accommodation at an expensive Country House Hotel as befitted their rank. When they arrived there they were shown to the Bridal Suite and were told that was all that was available. They were pretty sure that he was taking the proverbial but decided not to push the matter. The hotelier had to toe the line anyway as he made an evening visit to a local pub accompanied by his St Bernard dog. It was rumoured locally that he took the dog to do the driving the two miles home again and so he could not afford to offend the local police.

Top Bottom