The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9

Half of a 'Medium fish and chips' from Dulverton chippy. :okay:

PaulSB

Legendary Member
64 very windy miles this morning. Geez it was hard.

First experience of the NHS Track and Trace app. Arrive at the cafe and we have to scan a QR code to get in. This shows the name of the venue and time. At our table we had to scan another QR code, nothing to do with the NHS, and the menu comes up on our phones. Made our choices, click send and that's it. Five minutes later the coffee arrives, another five and the beans appear shortly followed by a young lady with a card machine for contactless payment.

How :becool: is that? I think a lot of places will continue this when Covid-19 is over.

Sterlo

Early Retirement Planning

First experience of the NHS Track and Trace app. Arrive at the cafe and we have to scan a QR code to get in. This shows the name of the venue and time. At our table we had to scan another QR code, nothing to do with the NHS, and the menu comes up on our phones. Made our choices, click send and that's it. Five minutes later the coffee arrives, another five and the beans appear shortly followed by a young lady with a card machine for contactless payment.

How :becool: is that? I think a lot of places will continue this when Covid-19 is over.
That's all well and good, but what if you don't want beans?

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
I'm feeling as fat as a chunkie pig now.
Time for a post prandial.......

12boy

Guru
Had planned to go up on the mountain today but with wind gusts forecast of 36 mph and 25 mph steady I may suggest next week as its crowded on the weekends. I fear my aged pooch is suffering from some sort of dementia. Seems confused a lot and yet at other times acts normally. If the mountain trip is out there are always lovely chores to do around here. I've been thinking about a blackboard or dry erase board so I can jot down things to be done that I seem to forget otherwise. Maybe it's not the old dog that's senile.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite

Just one more step to go, to dispense with the contactless card reader and take payment straight from your bank account ;)

D

Deleted member 1258

I wonder how they work it when people don't have smart phones or don't have a phone at all.

Top Bottom