The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 1258

Sam Kydd was an actor, I recall he wore an eye patch.

William Bendix and Arthur Haynes I know the names. Haynes was a comic?

I remember the comedian Arthur Haynes, I don't remember Willium Bendix, Sam Kydd was in the TV series Crane from the early 1960's, and in early Coronation St.

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Sam Kydd was an actor, I recall he wore an eye patch.

William Bendix and Arthur Haynes I know the names. Haynes was a comic?

William Bendix one of my favourite actors when I was a kid. Reminded me of my favourite grandad.

Sam Kydd - he seemed to be in every war film made in the 50s.

The great comedian - Arthur Haynes

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 1258

If my ancient memory serves me correctly I believe it was Josef Locke:angel::angel::angel:
My brain hurts now

I remembered the song but couldn't remember the artist, I remember my Dad's radiogram in our front room and his pile of 78rpm records.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Oops, I’ve just bought another bike :laugh:

Had a hankering for a comfortable titanium frame and this seemed like a good price. Happy with rim brakes as I find it easier to source and fit wheels and find the brake pads less faff than discs.

View attachment 559262
Beautiful machine Mo. Good to see you've still got your cycling mojo. This will get you out in the spring.

My bike purchase is not going well. I've had nagging doubts about the Tifossi and said no to that. I've now got doubts about the Genesis, I can't see myself on a white bike! I may have to buy elsewhere than my LBS who do seem to be struggling a bit with options. I really, really do not want to do this.

D

Deleted member 1258

My Nan loved Sam Kydd. He was in Corrie fairly often and in a thing called Orlando. Way before my time.
She had a picture of him, from a magazine, in her kitchen. Grandad used to roll his eyes and threaten to draw a moustache on it.

Orlando was the sequel to Crane, I'm now trying to remember who was the main character in that, I think it was Patrick Alan but I'm not sure.

pawl

Legendary Member
Orlando was the sequel to Crane, I'm now trying to remember who was the main character in that, I think it was Patrick Alan but I'm not sure.

Think your correct.Now I’m trying .to remember the theme tune

PaulSB

Legendary Member
The lockdown isn't bothering me one whit. By nature im a loner anyway, and the older i get the more people simply annoy me, so having an excuse not to see any is fine by me.

But I do appreciate not everyone feels the dame way, and some are suffering pschologically.
Yes overall I'm OK with it. Obviously there's stuff I miss doing but that's all it is, I miss doing things.

I've had days when I've been thoroughly fed up but at worst only for 24 hours. Last night was just that.

The one thing which is really hard is my closest friend. I know she's in a bad place. I badly want to see her for coffee and a hug but that's not going to happen for a long while.

We're all well, we have an income, no job to lose etc. Very fortunate compared to millions of others. I mustn't moan.

Top Bottom