The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
His brands are a bit of a hotch potch at present, mainly because of Covid-19. Currently offering LaPierre, Kinesis, Genesis, Tifossi, Cinelli.

You are right about the frame and even a complete bike. I've been thinking this way for a few days. It's my money after all. I am fiercely loyal to my LBS as I get great service and we've become friends so it doesn't sit well with me but I may have to bite the bullet. You're right about the 2020 deals and I'm not too concerned by that.

Thanks for the suggestion, it helps confirm what I've started to think.
If you can't get a 'Kinesis you could always have a 'KinGiant ....

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Telephone mast? Wind turbine?
Never thought of that. It is below the skyline but could be wind turbines as it faces west. Not a telephone mast as blanked to the north and east and there is one on a hilltop on this side.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Blimey! You've got good eyesight! :eek:
I struggled to see it even when I lived in Worcestershire.

Oh......Morvern......not Malvern.
Got good binoculars in every front facing window. It used to be said that every house in the Highlands and Islands had binoculars as a hobby. My grandparents had a lovely lightweight pair liberated from a German tank commander. They were kept in the window facing down the road.

got back from a ride about an hour ago

err - I think someone needs to have a word with the Met Office
It SAID that there was a 20% chance of rain for about half an hour then only a 10% chance

it started raining very lightly as soon as my bum hit the saddle then went on and off until I reached the far end of the loop
then poured down all the way home

which is not my idea of a 10 % chance of rain!!!!!

good think is that my cheapo Muddy Fox hi-vis jacket kept the rain out except around the big hole in the top where my head goes

gloves were dripping - as were my trousers

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Think your correct.Now I’m trying .to remember the theme tune

View: https://youtu.be/kgT2SNuQmuk

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
got back from a ride about an hour ago

err - I think someone needs to have a word with the Met Office
It SAID that there was a 20% chance of rain for about half an hour then only a 10% chance

it started raining very lightly as soon as my bum hit the saddle then went on and off until I reached the far end of the loop
then poured down all the way home

which is not my idea of a 10 % chance of rain!!!!!
Think of it like Russian Roulette... It isn't that you are likely to end up 1/6 dead, it is a 1/6 chance of you dying!

Similarly, it was a 10% chance that you might get soaked, not a reasonable chance that you might get a little damp. You were unlucky! :laugh:

I had this conversation with someone on a forum ride. He was saying that the forecast had been crap because It was a 90% chance of it pouring and we were dry. I pointed down the hill and just below us we could see a biblical deluge...

Tenkaykev

Guru
Good afternoon folks. I’d have been here sooner but I nipped out for a run while Mrs Tenkay popped to the shops. Than I had to read through all the messages to see what scandal I might have missed.
I saw Josef Locke mentioned earlier. I watched a film many years ago called “Hear my Song” which was a comedy loosely based on his life. A very good film which I’d recommend as one to make you smile and lift your spirits.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Good afternoon folks. I’d have been here sooner but I nipped out for a run while Mrs Tenkay popped to the shops. Than I had to read through all the messages to see what scandal I might have missed.
I saw Josef Locke mentioned earlier. I watched a film many years ago called “Hear my Song” which was a comedy loosely based on his life. A very good film which I’d recommend as one to make you smile and lift your spirits.
Not sure like your reference to "scandal".
This is a section for pleasant retired people.
The only scandal you MIGHT see is off Dirk.
And maybe Chorley Paul
And Mo of course
Ohh yes.....there is Welshie.
Oh OK.....you have a point :rolleyes:

Top Bottom