The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Shade Chapel is being knocked this weekend by the way. Road closures will be in place Friday to Monday. Council have given the dates as the 26th to the 30th of this month.
Funny - I had never noticed the chapel and now it is going to go. It's a pity, but looking at the photos online, it really has to!

classic33

Leg End Member
Funny - I had never noticed the chapel and now it is going to go. It's a pity, but looking at the photos online, it really has to!
Looking at the pictures, I'd agree. Question is why didn't the council do something to protect it.
They had their chance when it came to the flood defences over the years.

Diversionary route was Littleborough, the A58 and down/up Cragg Vale, and the reverse.

ColinJ

Looking at the pictures, I'd agree. Question is why didn't the council do something to protect it.
They had their chance when it came to the flood defences over the years.

Diversionary route was Littleborough, the A58 and down/up Cragg Vale, and the reverse.
Even more dramatic pictures HERE. They did enough to get a good look at the chapel, but obviously what they found was too far gone.

I just looked up the chapel on Streetview. I must have cycled past it hundreds of times but have no recollection of ever seeing it! I am usually concentrating on the traffic there, but it is still a bit shocking...

I have just realised that the roadworks by the end of Bacup Rd in the summer must have been for the culvert to be diverted. There was a huge temporary water main installed along the road from between the red and green signs to beyond the chapel behind where the Streetview car was.

classic33

Leg End Member
Even more dramatic pictures HERE. They did enough to get a good look at the chapel, but obviously what they found was too far gone.

I just looked up the chapel on Streetview. I must have cycled past it hundreds of times but have no recollection of ever seeing it! I am usually concentrating on the traffic there, but it is still a bit shocking...

View attachment 560543

I have just realised that the roadworks by the end of Bacup Rd in the summer must have been for the culvert to be diverted. There was a huge temporary water main installed along the road from between the red and green signs to beyond the chapel behind where the Streetview car was.
Split into apartments, whose owners won't have got the six figure sums they paid for them.

Viaduct, still being considered as a cycle route(Funding gained) is to go as well.

ColinJ

Viaduct, still being considered as a cycle route(Funding gained) is to go as well.
Just send the lazy cyclists up Knowlwood Rd?

When the roadworks were in place for the diverted culvert, I started going that way instead. I got up it ok on singlespeed so anybody with gears should be fine.

Top Bottom