The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
I'd a Nokia 6820 (2003), with a camera.
I still have as a spare a Motorola E which does good pictures and has a map app on it. Not Apple so I cannot really get on with it otherwise. I get a special deal of £5 per month from Bt as I had problems getting Vodaphone for a while. Also more portable than the large 7Plus.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Must have slept awkwardly, neck stiff and sore.
I was having terrible problems with my neck. I finally realised that I was going to sleep so late that I was falling asleep almost instantly, whatever position I was lying in at the time. Quite often that was with my head hanging down to the side!

I have been making an effort to get comfortable being nodding off. It has reduced the discomfort by 50% so I can now (just about) look over my shoulder again when riding in traffic.

I must start doing some neck exercises too.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Started off a bit grey here but sun has appeared and quite a nice day now and not cold.
New side bag is now on the trike and contents of the old one mostly transferred over. Front rechargable lights now topped up and ready to go. Not really for night use but sometimes it gets dark earlier than expected and if it is a dull day sometimes put one on as a safety light.
Forecast for the next couple of days looks promising so may get out cycling again.
I keep trying to work up courage to used the GTech or the Brompton but never get round to it. If going from my house there are a lot of awkward bits with possible sudden stops and sharp turns. Besides it is all uphill to get back home.

screenman

Legendary Member
I have been out and fixed a 2 inch crack in a van windscreen and a large dent in the door of another, feeling very pleased with myself right now.

Tenkaykev

Guru
That is what happened to any I had. The bearings seized up so just dumped them.

Heat is the enemy of bearings. I’ve looked at the Panasonic design which has a " pancake” style motor/ gearbox assembly. The paddle is eccentric which puts an unbalanced load on the shaft. I’m guessing that Panasonic have used cage bearings and probably a high temperature grease. Perhaps the budget bread makers use sleeve bearings which aren’t as resilient.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Had my camera up the old johnson. All is clear which is good news.
Now peeing blood every 20 minutes and IT HURTS!!!!
Bit of a shambles as I was told to arrive at 12.30........problem being everyone else was told the same.
I was put in a room with the door closed. That was it. 3 BL**DY HOURS I was there.
Anyway... all done for another 12 months.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
Bit of a shambles as I was told to arrive at 12.30........problem being everyone else was told the same.
I was put in a room with the door closed. That was it. 3 BL**DY HOURS I was there.

Pleased to hear you are OK!

Seems to be a common problem.

A number of years ago, Mrs @BoldonLad was undergoing followup Cancer treatment, at a hospital near us. Every appointment was for 09:00. Not a problem, except all of the other patients also had same appointment time, by 08:45, the waiting area was standing room only! Plus, some unfortunate people were kept waiting for hours.

The NHS needs to learn what the "S" in it's name stands for. IMHO

GM

Legendary Member

Dave I know exactly how you feel, you have my deepest sympathy. :hugs:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
A number of years ago, Mrs @BoldonLad was undergoing followup Cancer treatment, at a hospital near us. Every appointment was for 09:00. Not a problem, except all of the other patients also had same appointment time, by 08:45, the waiting area was standing room only! Plus, some unfortunate people were kept waiting for hours.

The NHS needs to learn what the "S" in it's name stands for. IMHO
I was sat in a queue at the local health centre once. Two very disgruntled men were sat in front of me complaining loudly that they had been waiting over an hour and still hadn't been seen. They were pointing at a poster on the wall saying how much it cost the practice if people missed appointments or were late for them. One of them made it pretty clear that HIS time was actually important, and that HE had things to do too!

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Could be interesting - on now.

Top Bottom