The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Foggy and clammy cold , who managed to get through Black Friday without buying anything?
Me

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Good morning. It's very dark here as well. Strange that, must be winter. 9⁰C outside which is surprisingly mild. I can't see the sky but the forecast is non-descript.

It's our 40th Wedding Anniversary today. That seems to have happened quickly.
  • Cake purchased ✔
  • Champagne chilling ✔
  • Flowers on table ✔
  • Card with flowers ✔
  • Online party with friends and family organised ✔
Not sure there's much else I could do under current circumstances. We should be somewhere exotic but hey go that's life.

I'm having a bit of a tidy round, breakfast and then a short ride at 10.00

Stay safe. Be good?

Good morning. It's very dark here as well. Strange that, must be winter. 9⁰C outside which is surprisingly mild. I can't see the sky buy the forecast is non-descript.

• Cake purchased ✔
  • Champagne chilling ✔
  • Flowers on table ✔
  • Card with flowers ✔
Not sure there's much else I could do under current circumstances. We should be somewhere exotic but hey go that's life.

Stay safe. Be good?
Many Congratulations 🥂

D

Deleted member 1258

Good morning. It's very dark here as well. Strange that, must be winter. 9⁰C outside which is surprisingly mild. I can't see the sky but the forecast is non-descript.

• Cake purchased ✔
  • Champagne chilling ✔
  • Flowers on table ✔
  • Card with flowers ✔

Stay safe. Be good?

Congratulations. :birthday: :cheers:

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Good morning all.
Grey and cold outside. Not very welcoming.
The kitchen floor needs washing. That's about the only job that needs doing today.
Dog walking as normal.
Barnet FC are on the telly today, playing MK Dons at 1.30 on the BBC red button, so that's a hour and three quarters accounted for:okay:. Spurs v Chelski later on.
Another day in paradise. ;)

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Many congratulations Paul. I hope you and Mrs Paul have a great day.

Mornng all. Cold. But not foggy here.:hello:

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Before it got light I walked the 500 yards in the dark and drizzle to my garage to get Mrs P's flowers. It seemed reasonable to do this in my dressing gown............. surprising number of people around in the dark, drizzle at 7.20. :blink:

One of them was behaving strangely............no he wasn't wearing a dressing gown 😄..........this guy walks up the dirt track towards my garage, stops opposite the garage, switches on his phone torch, bends over to peer in to the hedge and begins whistling........

.........as I was in my dressing gown I thought it best to ignore him 🤣🤣

Mo1959

Legendary Member
I am back. What a contrast. Freezing fog down here and spectacular sunrise up the hill. Can't see the town under the mist.

Top Bottom