The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Back from Curry's ....... again. The store is closed but the click and collect was very slick. An email arrived letting me know it was in store. Car park is set out in to individual collection bays. QR code at each bay, scan the bar code to sign in, staff come out to check all the usual details, I open the boot and sit in the car, two minutes later TV is in the boot.

👍👍

D

Deleted member 1258

Back from Curry's ....... again. The store is closed but the click and collect was very slick. An email arrived letting me know it was in store. Car park is set out in to individual collection bays. QR code at each bay, scan the bar code to sign in, staff come out to check all the usual details, I open the boot and sit in the car, two minutes later TV is in the boot.

👍👍

Sounds like a similar system to the one our B & Q was running last lockdown, it worked well till one day they E-Mailed everybody who were waiting for their click and collect and give them all the same time to come for their orders, we only realized what was going on when we found ourselves queuing to get in the carpark, it was chaos.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Turned out quite a nice day here but felt a bit fresh as we say. Got a nice run out on trike but being Saturday more cars heading in for shopping to the big city. All gave me a wave or a burst of hazard lights as they passed except a fancy Audi with a personal number plate spelling MULL. Might as well just shout White Settler as they roared past rather fast.
Only one junk call this morning which set me reminiscing again. In the past when we first came here the only cold calls said something like " Hello this is Lexi in the exchange. Have you seen Dr Clegg anywhere this morning? In Breadalbane St you say ,ah yes he'll be at Mary Ann's, I'll just give them a ring". We did not need to know any local numbers either but just asked for the person by name and got connected.
Nothing could be regarded as confidential and once allegedly they were accused of listening which brought a response " No I am not".

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
I tested the ebike but couldn't really appreciate it because the bike is the wrong size for me ( too big) , the saddle was too high and the handlebar twisted downward too much and I couldn't clip in properly either and he wants to go for a ride with me in the morning. Don't know about that cos he wants to go at a time when I usually get up.
Having said all that, I really like the look of the bike but it is much heavier than a normal road bike. Would I buy one? At £2000, not just now but in the future, who knows?

Last edited:

PaulSB

Legendary Member
"White Settler" @oldwheels - love it. Very, very good!

Top Bottom