The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

screenman

Legendary Member
Good morning. It's very dark here as well. Strange that, must be winter. 9⁰C outside which is surprisingly mild. I can't see the sky but the forecast is non-descript.

It's our 40th Wedding Anniversary today. That seems to have happened quickly.
  • Cake purchased ✔
  • Champagne chilling ✔
  • Flowers on table ✔
  • Card with flowers ✔
  • Online party with friends and family organised ✔
Not sure there's much else I could do under current circumstances. We should be somewhere exotic but hey go that's life.

I'm having a bit of a tidy round, breakfast and then a short ride at 10.00

Stay safe. Be good?

Congratulations I hope that you both have a great day.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Morning all :hello:

@Paulus when did hash browns become part of a full English? They seem to have sneaked in at sometime. I'd rather have proper fried bread.
I haven't got any bubble and squeak.;)

Juan Kog

permanently grumpy
No frost but very thick fog , so my planned 8.30 departure has slipped . Mrs JK acting very strangely at the moment, she is in dining room wrapping Christmas presents and suggested I venture into the loft to get Christmas tree . We NEVER do Christmas preparations this early . One year we didn't put up tree till Boxing Day.

Last edited:

Mo1959

Legendary Member
No frost but very thick fog , so my planned 8.30 departure has slipped . Mrs JK acting very strangely at the moment she is in dining room wrapping Christmas presents and suggested I venture into the loft to get Christmas tree . We NEVER do Christmas preparations this early . One year we didn't put up tree till Boxing Day.
She obviously want to wrap your present without you seeing it.........get up into the loft right away! :laugh:

No frost but very thick fog , so my planned 8.30 departure has slipped . Mrs JK acting very strangely at the moment she is in dining room wrapping Christmas presents and suggested I venture into the loft to get Christmas tree . We NEVER do Christmas preparations this early . One year we didn't put up tree till Boxing Day.
Lots of people seem to be doing Christmas early this year.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
Good morning. It's very dark here as well. Strange that, must be winter. 9⁰C outside which is surprisingly mild. I can't see the sky but the forecast is non-descript.

It's our 40th Wedding Anniversary today. That seems to have happened quickly.
  • Cake purchased ✔
  • Champagne chilling ✔
  • Flowers on table ✔
  • Card with flowers ✔
  • Online party with friends and family organised ✔
Not sure there's much else I could do under current circumstances. We should be somewhere exotic but hey go that's life.

I'm having a bit of a tidy round, breakfast and then a short ride at 10.00

Stay safe. Be good?

Congratulations and Happy Anniversary ;)

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite

Don't have to be told twice, just do as you are told. You know you will have to eventually ;)

Top Bottom