The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Specially for all those early risers on this thread.

:laugh:

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Salut tout le monde. What a boring day so far. I have done absolutely nothing apart from walking Molly of course. I meant to go for a ride but lacked the motivation so it didn't happen and now it will be dark soon. Mrs G put the christmas tree up yesterday and is still adding to it now. All the decorations are silver on it this year.
Rjght, time to do another puzzle on the computer now and then watch " Tipping point". Exciting isn't it?

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Went up into my top garden which is complete tip to get a cabbage and got diverted looking for things to throw out. Failed at that as I tend to hoard but am trying to lighten the load for whoever has to clear it eventually.
Came on a couple of diving weight belts as I was checking a couple of fish boxes I wanted for a project. I could hardly lift them as being fairly buoyant I used over 30 Kg. To think we used to wear these as well as a tank and accessories and could still walk about. No wonder we preferred boat diving although we also did shore dives. I always maintained that the medicals we had to pass were just for getting kitted up as the diving was a doddle after that. The only actual diving importance was checking lung health.

classic33

Leg End Member
Salut tout le monde. What a boring day so far. I have done absolutely nothing apart from walking Molly of course. I meant to go for a ride but lacked the motivation so it didn't happen and now it will be dark soon. Mrs G put the christmas tree up yesterday and is still adding to it now. All the decorations are silver on it this year.
Rjght, time to do another puzzle on the computer now and then watch " Tipping point". Exciting isn't it?
Listen out for the studio noise on Tipping Point.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Went up into my top garden which is complete tip to get a cabbage and got diverted looking for things to throw out. Failed at that as I tend to hoard but am trying to lighten the load for whoever has to clear it eventually.
Came on a couple of diving weight belts as I was checking a couple of fish boxes I wanted for a project. I could hardly lift them as being fairly buoyant I used over 30 Kg. To think we used to wear these as well as a tank and accessories and could still walk about. No wonder we preferred boat diving although we also did shore dives. I always maintained that the medicals we had to pass were just for getting kitted up as the diving was a doddle after that. The only actual diving importance was checking lung health.
30KG:eek:.
Even with my 8mm dry suit I only needed 22.
Fantastic in the red sea........thin suit and 10KG.
Having a bad back I hated those shore dives with a long walk......especially after the dive when you seem to weigh twice as much.
I recall my last shore dive when, walking back, I stood in a hole and felt my back go. Out of action for 6 months, I called it a day.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
30KG:eek:.
Even with my 8mm dry suit I only needed 22.
Fantastic in the red sea........thin suit and 10KG.
Having a bad back I hated those shore dives with a long walk......especially after the dive when you seem to weigh twice as much.
I recall my last shore dive when, walking back, I stood in a hole and felt my back go. Out of action for 6 months, I called it a day.
Seems a lot but that was with an aluminium tank. A steel tank I need less obviously. On shore dives I had to crawl up until I could get the belt off before standing up unless there were handy rocks to lean on.

12boy

Guru
Had a little snow last night which left a thin layer of ice on the street. I would like to pay the monthly fee for my storage sheds, about 10 miles away, but it's below freezing now and will barely hit 1/2C at noon. After going back and forth about whether it would be better to take my Steamroller or my Brompton, neither of which have studded tires at the moment, I remembered my 'Dale is already shod with studded tires so it will used. I usually only ride it with studs when there is a lot more ice and snow, but what the hell....it's safer albeit a lot slower. Can't believe my calcified brain didn't think of this right away. What a putz.​
Vaya con Dios.....​

Top Bottom