The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

LJR69

Fun fact - I was a piper in the Pipes and Drums of the Royal Electrical and Mechanical Engineers band back in the 80's - even though I'm a sassenach :biggrin:

In fact...this is me at my passing out parade in 1985 - I'm the loner piper

Last edited:

oldwheels

Legendary Member
I had to log in this morning to get on here. What has changed?
Thick cloud but apparently dry. I say apparently as I went out to empty the ashes from the stove and it saw me coming and started raining. Waited until I finished outside and then stopped raining.
I see some have been fined for travelling from level 4 area to Oban which is level 2. Local speculation as to how many made it over to Mull. The boat is the biggest hazard if I intended travelling.
Need to wait and see what the weather settles on doing before venturing out on the trike today. By the weekend it looks to be dry but cold for a few days so there is hope.
Despite the roads being gritted last night the lowest temperature here was 5C. Probably orders come from a central control in Lochgilphead with no idea of varying conditions in different parts of the Region.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Still frozdicated here.
I am going back to bed for an hour.
Have a good day all.
If I could actually sleep I would do that too. Have to admit sometimes when the weather is dreadful, I have been known to disappear under the duvet for an hour or so just to rest.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Good morning, as predicted earlier it is a beautiful morning. I went back to sleep till 8.50 😀

Shortly we are heading out to see No 2 son, hoping to get a ride in this afternoon.

Came across this photo a bit earlier. It's the Post Office on Vatersay, well it was 15 years ago, which is the island south of Barra in the Western Isles. I liked it so thought I'd share.

Top Bottom