The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
Thats bonkers:wacko:. For the 13 years we've been here we've had roughly the same bedroom layout, head of the bed against the wall facing the door, me on the door side and my Good Lady on the window side. On Monday I moved the furniture around, now the head of the bed is against the wall with the door in it, I'm by the window and my Good Lady is by the door, I'm sleeping the best I've slept for years and my Good Lady is now having trouble sleeping, and I'm thinking, "how does that work" I originally thought that if anyone's going to be having trouble sleeping it would be me.

It must be the Feng whateveritiscalled ;)

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
You have altered all the Ying and Yang around. It's all out of kilter now.
Or even the Feng shui whatever.;)

Never noticed.
She was the television reporter in episode 1
9AAA509E-0AE7-4DC4-9724-1E7D58BFAA08.jpeg

oldwheels

Legendary Member
I don't pay anything for my green waste to be taken away. With nearly 6 acres can chuck it anywhere :laugh:.

Snake and pygmy pie and fries for us today:hungry:
The only snakes we have here are adders and I have only seen one very small one crossing the road on a hot summer day. I flicked it on to the verge before it got squashed by a car.
There are no adders on Iona as they were banished by St Columba apparently.
Plenty of Slow Worms tho' and I have found a few in my garden. Lovely golden colour.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
There is supposed to be an optimal direction for the bed in a room according to Feng Shui if you believe in such things. I am almost tempted to switch to the other direction too to see if it helps! :laugh:
Your bed is supposed to be East to West so better get the compass out.
Just been to check and I am stuffed as my head is South and feet North. No easy way to shift it so I will just have to try to survive.

Last edited:

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
The only snakes we have here are adders and I have only seen one very small one crossing the road on a hot summer day. I flicked it on to the verge before it got squashed by a car.
There are no adders on Iona as they were banished by St Columba apparently.
Plenty of Slow Worms tho' and I have found a few in my garden. Lovely golden colour.

I love slow worms, but the chickens we had ate them all. Havnt seen one for 2 or 3 years (slow worm that is).Hopefully they will come back.

Sterlo

Early Retirement Planning
Thats bonkers:wacko:. For the 13 years we've been here we've had roughly the same bedroom layout, head of the bed against the wall facing the door, me on the door side and my Good Lady on the window side. On Monday I moved the furniture around, now the head of the bed is against the wall with the door in it, I'm by the window and my Good Lady is by the door, I'm sleeping the best I've slept for years and my Good Lady is now having trouble sleeping, and I'm thinking, "how does that work" I originally thought that if anyone's going to be having trouble sleeping it would be me.
Not as strange as it sounds, I can only sleep on one side of the bed. If we go away on holiday or stay in a hotel, I have to sleep on the left side or I can't sleep.

Juan Kog

permanently grumpy
dave r it's not the bed position but you're clear concience that aids a good nights sleep.
My mum was very fond of moving bedroom furniture around in both my room and my parents room .This wasn't a problem when I was younger , but in my late teens when I had periods living back at my parents it was. I would creep in after a night out with my mates not turn the light on, and crash into the wardrobe which she had decided should be just inside the door, or another time walk into the bed and painfully stub my toe on the leg of the bed .

D

Deleted member 1258

dave r it's not the bed position but you're clear concience that aids a good nights sleep.
My mum was very fond of moving bedroom furniture around in both my room and my parents room .This wasn't a problem when I was younger , but in my late teens when I had periods living back at my parents it was. I would creep in after a night out with my mates not turn the light on, and crash into the wardrobe which she had decided should be just inside the door, or another time walk into the bed and painfully stub my toe on the leg of the bed .

Then my conscience must be pristine. ^_^

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
Then my conscience must be pristine. ^_^

Mrs @BoldonLad obsesses about how much sleep she gets. I sleep soundly, and, years of travelling in the days when I was a wage slave, mean, I can sleep anywhere ;)

When Mrs @BoldonLad, inevitably checks her Fitbit to see how much sleep she has achieved, and, I have invariably, achieved more, my usual answer to her "How do you achieve that?", is, "I have a clear conscience" ;)

classic33

Leg End Member
Mine is 3 km away but last time I checked only motor vehicles were allowed in. I think I would have to stand at the gate and hand stuff over.

Mind you, without using my CX bike (rack and panniers) the amount I can carry is limited to what will fit my 35 litre rucksack.

Have they changed the regulations then, or do you have to wait outside too?
Regulations remain the same. It's that waste carriers licence that has altered things, they never thought I'd be issued one. Now they're just insisting on the proper licence for the type of vehicle. Twelve years to jump through the various hoops they put up, but I got what they thought was impossible.

Top Bottom