The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Thats bonkers:wacko:. For the 13 years we've been here we've had roughly the same bedroom layout, head of the bed against the wall facing the door, me on the door side and my Good Lady on the window side. On Monday I moved the furniture around, now the head of the bed is against the wall with the door in it, I'm by the window and my Good Lady is by the door, I'm sleeping the best I've slept for years and my Good Lady is now having trouble sleeping, and I'm thinking, "how does that work" I originally thought that if anyone's going to be having trouble sleeping it would be me.

Am I going completely mad? How is this possible? The bed faces the door therefore there can't be a side of the bed next to the door.

Surely? Or am I overthinking this?

Questions, so many questions. :laugh:

classic33

Leg End Member
Thats bonkers:wacko:. For the 13 years we've been here we've had roughly the same bedroom layout, head of the bed against the wall facing the door, me on the door side and my Good Lady on the window side. On Monday I moved the furniture around, now the head of the bed is against the wall with the door in it, I'm by the window and my Good Lady is by the door, I'm sleeping the best I've slept for years and my Good Lady is now having trouble sleeping, and I'm thinking, "how does that work" I originally thought that if anyone's going to be having trouble sleeping it would be me.
Possible magnetic disruption.
Magnetoception

12boy

Guru
High wind alert for 18 hours or so....35+ with 55 gusts. But warm. Good day to water the plants wintering in the garage. Not so good for biking or even walking. On these windy days I think about what fun it would have been to live in a sod house or sheepherder wagon. Apparently the Sioux teepees, like yurts, were more comfortable and stood up to wind better than you would think.
Got a call at 7 pm last night resulting in a vaccination appt at 5 pm tomorrow with a follow up shot in about 2 weeks. Much faster han expected. Hopefully Mrs 12 can get hers soon as her immune system is crap from cancer meds. I had an appt for the dog on Friday but got it changed to today so I can drive to Denver Friday morning.
We don't have slow worms in itj. I wonder if they could survive winters here. We do have rattlesnakes, bull snakes and garter snakes, and we usually have a couple of garters and sometimes a bull snake living in our garden. My favorite reptiles are horny toads...my little avatar is a horny toad copper pin I made many years ago. They are lizards, not toads, and have little spikes growing from the base of their skulls, hence the horny label. As far as I know they are not more amorous than other reptiles.
The sleep direction thing is interesting. Checking the compass I see out heads are on the SE side with our feet on the NW direction. I will have to notice if it makes a difference when we stay in motels that are set up differently .
Be well and safe.....

classic33

Leg End Member
Am I going completely mad? How is this possible? The bed faces the door therefore there can't be a side of the bed next to the door.

Door could have been in the corner of the wall at the foot of the bed. Meaning he had the shortest walk to it(the door), with no bed to walk round.

I refuse to answer that on the grounds it may incriminate me.

Last edited:

Sterlo

Early Retirement Planning
D

Deleted member 1258

Your bed is supposed to be East to West so better get the compass out.
Just been to check and I am stuffed as my head is South and feet North. No easy way to shift it so I will just have to try to survive.

I bit of a mess about with google maps shows a rough east to west position, a smidge to the north of east but very close to east.

classic33

Leg End Member
Not as strange as it sounds, I can only sleep on one side of the bed. If we go away on holiday or stay in a hotel, I have to sleep on the left side or I can't sleep.
"Many Romans were careful always to get out of bed on the right side. This fit with other superstitions of the time that held that the leftside was unlucky. Some people, supposedly including Augustus Caesar, even believed that it was bad luck to put on your left shoe first!"

Mo1959

Legendary Member
We have a little dusting of snow.

D

Deleted member 1258

The head of the bed was against the wall that was opposite the wall the door was in, so I looked towards the end of the bed and could see the door so that made that side of the bed the door side, when my Good lady looked towards the end of the bed all she could see was a wardrobe, I turned the bed 180 degrees so the head was against the wall with the door in it and now when my Good Lady looks towards the end of the bed she could still see a wardrobe, thats because i moved the wardrobes as well as the bed, but now when I look towards the end of the bed all I see is a wall. ^_^:laugh::wacko:

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
You need yer chakras realigning mate.......

D

Deleted member 1258

The rain stopped this afternoon and I managed to get my car cleaned, for now its the lovely white colour it was when it left the factory, but wont be for long, it'll soon be the dirty brown colour it was before I cleaned it.

Top Bottom