The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
That’s the forecast sleet just started now.

D

Deleted member 1258

Well hello everyone. Wet, cold, misty. Woke at 1.00am and was wide awake till 2.30am but then slept like a baby till 07.45. Weird.

My quads are very stiff. Apart from some gentle stretches today's morning exercise will be limited to upper body and weights. 🙂

There's a mountain of ironing to do. A walk to be done and online exercise class this evening. Life is just full of excitement.

My hips and back are complaining after yesterdays 20 miles. I've spent a lot of this morning wrestling with the NHS App, they say ten minutes to create an account, Yeah Right! :sad: I cant do it on the desk top, no camera, and it took several attempts to complete it on the tablet, they want a lot of information to prove your identity, and after I got mine set up I had to go through the same routine for my Good Lady, what a performance! I haven't needed to use it yet but I suspect that will be fun.:sad:

Tenkaykev

Guru
Walked to Wimborne with Mrs Tenkay. There's a landscaped area outside Waitrose with benches and path around the periphery.
While Mrs Tenkay went into the shop I set off to walk around the path . 20 laps in total before I spotted her leaving the store.
I've managed walk 9.6km today and my legs are pleasantly tired.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
That's what I do, much cheaper in the long run as the Recycling Centre is only half a mile away.
Mine is 3 km away but last time I checked only motor vehicles were allowed in. I think I would have to stand at the gate and hand stuff over.

Mind you, without using my CX bike (rack and panniers) the amount I can carry is limited to what will fit my 35 litre rucksack.
I've a waste carriers licence, for garden waste, so don't have to pay.

Just got to get my licence for the type of vehicle used, pedal cycle.
Have they changed the regulations then, or do you have to wait outside too?

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Well, I vacuumed the lounge, swept the kitchen floor, washed the dishes, put washing in drier, had a chat with the postman and about to go upstairs to make the bed ( Just flattening the duvet really). I think I have done my exercise for today apart from walking Molly again later and putting the bin out as it is bin day tomorrow.
Hard work being retired ! :rolleyes:

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
Hmm... looks as if our Local Authority is a bargain (if being charged for a previously free service can be regarded as a bargain), £32/year, reduced to £28/year if you pay by mid February. The service is late March (22nd) to November, one collection per fortnight.

D

Deleted member 1258

Thats bonkers:wacko:. For the 13 years we've been here we've had roughly the same bedroom layout, head of the bed against the wall facing the door, me on the door side and my Good Lady on the window side. On Monday I moved the furniture around, now the head of the bed is against the wall with the door in it, I'm by the window and my Good Lady is by the door, I'm sleeping the best I've slept for years and my Good Lady is now having trouble sleeping, and I'm thinking, "how does that work" I originally thought that if anyone's going to be having trouble sleeping it would be me.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Thats bonkers:wacko:. For the 13 years we've been here we've had roughly the same bedroom layout, head of the bed against the wall facing the door, me on the door side and my Good Lady on the window side. On Monday I moved the furniture around, now the head of the bed is against the wall with the door in it, I'm by the window and my Good Lady is by the door, I'm sleeping the best I've slept for years and my Good Lady is now having trouble sleeping, and I'm thinking, "how does that work" I originally thought that if anyone's going to be having trouble sleeping it would be me.
You have altered all the Ying and Yang around. It's all out of kilter now.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
There is supposed to be an optimal direction for the bed in a room according to Feng Shui if you believe in such things. I am almost tempted to switch to the other direction too to see if it helps! :laugh:

Top Bottom