The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Just finished it just now. Excellent.

Off to bed for a browse on the ipad and play a few games before trying to sleep.
No chance
You'll be up and out early as usual.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
That's exactly what I'm doing. Just finished watching the snooker, glad that young lad won. Nite nite.
I was hoping Higgins might do it since he's getting on a bit, plus he's Scots of course. Lol.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Well this a disappointment. My new Assos bib shorts arrived last week and I tried them on yesterday for fit. Perfect. Beautifully cut and made. Excellent pad and only one seam running vertically through the centre of the garment on the outside of the pad. I'm unhappy though, gutted in fact as I had thought there would be other bonuses, at that price you'd expect it. I don't look like this............

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Well this a disappointment. My new Assos bib shorts arrived last week and I tried them on yesterday for fit. Perfect. Beautifully cut and made. Excellent pad and only one seam running vertically through the centre of the garment on the outside of the pad. I'm unhappy though, gutted in fact as I had thought there would be other bonuses, at that price you'd expect it. I don't look like this............

View attachment 569472
You might have.........40 years ago! :laugh:

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Shaking off his disappointment it's time to say Good Morning folks. Pretty good sleep though would have liked longer. Weather looks good so guess what I'm meeting a buddy at 9.30.

I'll be test riding the the new bibs under my bib longs which don't have a pad. If all is good I'll order a second pair, perhaps two more as the sale price is excellent - buying a third pair is the equivalent of them being free if I'd paid full price for the other two pairs. I've worn Assos for 20+ years and wouldn't change even though the price is eyewatering. Before retiring, five years ago, I bought two pairs which now need replacing, hadn't realised how badly till I compared the new ones. Those were £97 a pair so it's cost me £20/year averaging two rides a week. Can't complain at that and I should get another winter out of both pairs under bib longs.

Other news? Our Covid-19 numbers are rocketing again. :sad: Early December - 2000, by Christmas - 200, late December - 1200, early January - 400, today reported at 1622. Just seems to be spike, after spike.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Good morning all fellow retirees.
Here we go again:cuppa:

It's dark outside and I've no inclination to get out of bed.

But, the dog will be walked and then I will settle down to catch up with Spiral, I am 4 episodes behind.

I am hoping to get out for an hour on the bike later.

Stay safe everyone :cuppa:

Drago

Legendary Member
I have risen!

Up even earlier than usual. I was desperate to point Percy at the porcelain, and couldn't hang one. Once i was up, that was it, so at 10 to 6 was having an early leg workout.

And being Monday, its washing day. Alrrady have a load going in the machine, cos if I get it done quickly theres time for a ride in the pm. I reckon 2 loads of dark and one of whites today.

Top Bottom