The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Here's another one at it... :okay:

12boy

Guru
OK I'll ask. @12boy can you tell us what "nonce" means in American?

FYI in English slang Gary Glitter would be a nonce!!! 🤔😂😂

It is part of a phrase meaning "for now" or "temporarily". It isn't often encountered here, hence it was fun to use it. Per usual with you guys, a perfectly innocent word or phrase from me is semi obscene.
Went for my ride which was 95% dry and the rest was short sections of hammered ice, water on ice and snow on ice. Didn't really need the studded tires but they sure didn't hurt. Never did get above freezing but I was warm and enjoyed it immensely.
Now it's time for some lunch and maybe a trip to the store.

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Per usual with you guys, a perfectly innocent word or phrase from me is semi obscene.
We're good at that there English language here, for some strange reason. :laugh:

Dave7

Legendary Member
Morning gang.
Got up for my nightly pee at 05.30, decided I was awake so stayed up.
Done the usual tidy up stuff and now sat in conservatory.
It is piddling down and its in for some days.
Looks bad in Yorkshire with sandbags being handed out. Your heart goes out to those people that get flooded. There was a woman on TV yesterday that had been flooded 12 times in 12 years.......house is worthless so she is stuck there.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Good morning all fellow virus dodgers.
It's dark and windy, no, Drago is not here, outside at the moment. It's the edge of storm Christophe or whatever this one is called. The rain is scheduled for later.

An early dog walk followed by more domestics and a turbo session.

Sounds familiar?

Stay safe everyone :cuppa:

Top Bottom