The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Morning all :hello:

Hey ho, what to do today?
My diary is empty.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Good morning everyone. :hello: Guess what? It's pouring with rain.

I guess there will be local flooding as the fields are already saturated - water laying on the surface everywhere, not pools but just sat there. The local streams and small rivers have been fluctuating from flooded to full and very fast for a couple of weeks. No danger to us I'm pleased to say as having one's house flooded is unimaginable.

I will mooch about today. Ironing to do, Mrs P cleaned downstairs yesterday so I'll whizz round upstairs later. Going to be imaginative about tea, my turn to cook, not much in so I'll need to imagine what we're going to have.

Exciting. Eh?

@Dave7 have a look at your boiler thread.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Good morning everyone. :hello: Guess what? It's pouring with rain.

I guess there will be local flooding as the fields are already saturated - water laying on the surface everywhere, not pools but just sat there. The local streams and small rivers have been fluctuating from flooded to full and very fast for a couple of weeks. No danger to us I'm pleased to say as having one's house flooded is unimaginable.

I will mooch about today. Ironing to do, Mrs P cleaned downstairs yesterday so I'll whizz round upstairs later. Going to be imaginative about tea, my turn to cook, not much in so I'll need to imagine what we're going to have.

Exciting. Eh?

@Dave7 have a look at your boiler thread.
We’re due torrential rain over the next few days. That will delay the building of the new housing development on the outskirts of Wimborne. I expected them to be building the houses on stilts as the site is so close to the river and has flooded on occasion.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Morning. Pouring down here and blowing a hoolie. I see trains between Shrewsbury and Mach have been cancelled due to flooding.

Stay safe folks. :hello:

GM

Legendary Member
Morning all...Just had a telephone GP call 10 minutes earlier than expected.

Meeting up with our daughter this morning for a walk before the rain starts. Frustrating as walking is the only exercise I'm allowed to do, no cycling, rowing machine or weights. I'll be glad when the NHS gets back to normal, be patient the GP told me.

Top Bottom