The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 1258

:hello: Good morning folks, I'm still in bed, its still very dark and cold, but I've had a look out the window and we still have snow on the gound, I'm on my own this morning, which feels strange, my Good Lady has had several falls, she fell in the house twice yesterday, so she's gone into hospital for an assessment.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Good morning folks,

Tuesday, a double dose of excitement for me today, the bin men have just been ( Blue, Recycle ) and the veg box is due to arrive in the next half hour! Mrs Tenkay has tried out a new virtual cycling app, "Fulgaz" and is quite impressed. It's only available as an App and having looked into the options, it seems too convoluted to try and link the iPad with the computer monitor. After typing that, I've had a Father Ted inspired thought along the lines of "this Cow is small, that Cow is far away" and will try to mount the ipad on the handlebars of the turbo trainer, after all, what could possibly go wrong? ^_^
have a peaceful day

Dave7

Legendary Member
:hello: Good morning folks, I'm still in bed, its still very dark and cold, but I've had a look out the window and we still have snow on the gound, I'm on my own this morning, which feels strange, my Good Lady has had several falls, she fell in the house twice yesterday, so she's gone into hospital for an assessment.
May I join others in wishing the best possible outcome for your good lady.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
That's a bit worrying Dave. :sad: Is it a balance thing or muscle weakness do you think? Hope they get her sorted out with something to help.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Good morning all.
A good sleep last night. In bed for 21.30 and woke at 07.45.
Exciting day ahead.......the window cleaner is due this morning**.
Its also housework day whoopee!!!
And we have errhh.....not much else.
Edit
Forgot to say, its a massive 1° at the moment with sleet forecast. **Now that's a surprise as it normally rains when the window cleaner comes.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 1258

That's a bit worrying Dave. :sad: Is it a balance thing or muscle weakness do you think? Hope they get her sorted out with something to help.

Her mobility isn't good, she has an arthritic knee, she's had an infection recently the combination of the two is what the problem is, I think they are going to try and clear the infection then assess her to see what else they can do to help her.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Anyway....... Haggis.....or Haggises.
Just reading that they/it is of English origin. The earliest recorded mention is definitely english.
I imagine the ruler at the time said something like..... "what is the shite you are eating, let them kilt, sporran wearing barbarians have it".

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Anyway....... Haggis.....or Haggises.
Just reading that they/it is of English origin. The earliest recorded mention is definitely english.
I imagine the ruler at the time said something like..... "what is the shite you are eating, let them kilt, sporran wearing barbarians have it".
Interesting that you can say shite but it automatically corrects the same word with the e missing from the end to shoot! :laugh:

Top Bottom