The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Back to haggis. :laugh:

This is one of the elderly residents in one of the local care homes doing the address.

classic33

Leg End Member
Back to haggis. :laugh:

This is one of the elderly residents in one of the local care homes doing the address.

View attachment 570610
Spare a thought for those in Europe who are haggisless tonight due to them being banned.

D

Deleted member 1258

It's a common tactic. Take a small amount with the hope it won't be spotted and then follow up with the big hit. If the £0.22p went through successfully the scammer knows it's a live account.

This is the second time this has happened, both times for a very small amount.

The first time was an absolute disaster. Couldn't have been worse. Mrs P and I worked through the credit card statement together.........

Mrs P found out how much I'd spent on carbon wheels. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

I had my bank account hacked a few years ago, thats what happened with mine, a couple of small transactions to test the water, HSBC were on the ball, soon had it sorted, and got my money back, Chain Reaction Cycles got hacked and thats where they got my details from.

classic33

Leg End Member
I had my bank account hacked a few years ago, thats what happened with mine, a couple of small transactions to test the water, HSBC were on the ball, soon had it sorted, and got my money back, Chain Reaction Cycles got hacked and thats where they got my details from.
It's when the ATM keeps your card, and you go inside to report it, only to be taken to one side and be told that your account is now empty having used it earlier that day to make a payment.

The person taking the payment, over the phone, had done the same to a few people on his last day at work.

This is the remainder of our Shepherds pie, 3 of us couldn't quite manage all of it.... :hungry:

View attachment 570605
No problem - normally happens with us

I normally have it the day after with chips and sprouts - or broad beans - or peads
just put a few mm of water in the bottom (stop sniggering at the back!!!!) and cover securely with foil - then put in the oven on 180 for about 30 mins

meanwhile oven can also to the oven chips and veg can be done on the hob

meanwhile I do something disgusting for my wife - which probably includes cheese - yuck

numbnuts

Legendary Member
Looks like I'm on the night shift :sad:

12boy

Guru
My vacuum wasn't sucking up as it should, so replaced the belt and got a long stick with a sock on it to purge the hoses of large wads of doghair and other gross stuff. Seems to work ok now. Cost $4.39 with tax for the belt. Had a nice walk and a trip to the grocery store, too. Not a bad day.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Chain Reaction Cycles got hacked and thats where they got my details from.
I think that might have been what happened to me too!

My vacuum wasn't sucking up as it should, so replaced the belt and got a long stick with a sock on it to purge the hoses of large wads of doghair and other gross stuff. Seems to work ok now. Cost $4.39 with tax for the belt. Had a nice walk and a trip to the grocery store, too. Not a bad day.
What is it with vacuum cleaners and dog hair...? My sister normally comes up here with her Border Terrier 2 or 3 times a year but because of Covid-19 it is 2019 since their last visit. I have changed the bag a couple of times since then but the room STILL stinks of dog every time I use the vac!

Time for me to turn in... :hello:

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Good day and I hope it will be for all of you. It's 2⁰C and the ground is dry. Forecast is wet, wet, wet BUT a window of opportunity between 09.00-11.00.

Tuesday is housework day but I shall ignore this till later. If dry at 9.00 I'll bob out for very local hill training - 4.3 mile circuit which starts at the top of my road. Easy dash for home if conditions change.

After giving my views on holiday chalets I need to check the bank accounts again and do the basic housework tidying.

:hello::hello:

Top Bottom