The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Forget all the stuff about meat dishes (which I don't eat)... What was THIS all about?
"We need to check some transactions on your account. Do you recognise £0.22 at 15.59. Text Y for Yes and N for No" :ohmy::ohmy:

I texted N. 30 minutes later I have the dregs of a lukewarm cuppa to enjoy. Must say the bank security is very impressive. Santander.
If someone has been trying to steal from your account, why did they only take 22p? :wacko:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Maybe to see if anyone notices and if not then they can take more?
Maybe...

I had someone take several lots of £5 (or was it £10?) for mobile phone top-ups spaced a few days apart. I suspected that they were seeing what they could get away with. Obviously, most people would notice a few hundred pounds disappearing!

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Forget all the stuff about meat dishes (which I don't eat)... What was THIS all about?

If someone has been trying to steal from your account, why did they only take 22p? :wacko:
It's a common tactic. Take a small amount with the hope it won't be spotted and then follow up with the big hit. If the £0.22p went through successfully the scammer knows it's a live account.

This is the second time this has happened, both times for a very small amount.

The first time was an absolute disaster. Couldn't have been worse. Mrs P and I worked through the credit card statement together.........

Mrs P found out how much I'd spent on carbon wheels. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Dave7

Legendary Member

Simple.
I pressed the wrong keys ^_^

PaulSB

Legendary Member
@ebikeerwidnes is this OK?

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Wellllllll
Yup - looks good

if I wanted to be pedantic - which does seem to be allowed on here - it COULD be said to be a bit dark - but I'd dive in
My wife however is a fussy b****r and might moan - and yes I do tell her that quite frequently in person - but I do the cooking so I'm allowed

I like the dark burnty bits. They taste yummy :hungry:

Top Bottom