The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Thanks for clarifying that, I'm now totally au fait with haggis habitation.
Always happy to oblige. After all this is a cycling forum and we're here to exchange information and tips with each other.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Hang on. I'm totally confused now, oldwheels says haggis are native creature so how can there be a vegetarian variety, are you telling me you can grown them in your garden now? Do they grow above ground or are they root haggis, do you need a greenhouse to grow one? HELP!!!!
They live on mountain sides mainly and eat any plant life they can find and if they stick to this diet they become veggie haggis. However there are worms and grubs of all sorts and moles can be found quite high up if there is enough soil. I have also found frogs in some wild spots as well. The veggie ones are quite rare and can be distinguished by a slight greenish hue. Mostly they are brown which gives good camouflage and these are the more common type.
There have been attempts to domesticate them but these have all failed so far.

Another daily brief I see. That Laura Kuennsberg is an idiot asking about easing restrictions when ICU’s are at the highest rate they’ve ever been. My opinions of the tv companies and reporters has reached rock bottom. Just a bunch of shoot stirrers!
That’s why I switch to BBC2 fora double dose of Richard Osman, Pointless first then the fantastic House of Games. I go back to Reporting Scotland after that.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Sounds nice.
A tad pedantic but to my (very limited knowledge)...........
Cottage pie is beef
Shepherds pie is lamb
Feel free to tell me to bog off but I am saving you a visit from CLASSIC :eek:
I think proper shepherds pie would be mutton rather than lamb. A bit like the hen and chicken argument but proper mutton nowadays is almost impossible to get. Nearest I got was when my pal who kept sheep sold me a 3 year old. All legal and above board and done in the local abattoir.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Will it be a Shepherd's Pie with a pastry "lid" on it? otherwise some would say that it's not a Shepherd's Pie it's a shepherd's tart...
Good Lord. NO! Where were you raised? A Shepherd's Pie or Cottager's Pie is topped of with well seasoned (peppery) mashed potatoes, draw a fork across the surface to form ridges which turn golden and crisp in the oven................hhhhmmmmmm :hungry::hungry:

Good Lord. NO! Where were you raised? A Shepherd's Pie or Cottager's Pie is topped of with well seasoned (peppery) mashed potatoes, draw a fork across the surface to form ridges which turn golden and crisp in the oven................hhhhmmmmmm :hungry::hungry:
I read that in trepidation
I was waiting for it to be totally ruined by a recommendation involving cheese - which - basically - should be banned from all areas involving food - especially where it is likely to be eaten

stinky horrible stuff

anyway - your assessment of a proper cottage/shepards pie was bang on - well done

Top Bottom