The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Exlaser2

Veteran
Just remembered there’s a young lad only just opened some sort of bike shop up the town, presumably for repairs. Should have walked down that way on my route home to have a look. Last one that tried didn’t last.
Its hard to run bike shop , what with on line competition and the big boys in the market. I am lucky their are a couple of good independent shops close to me in Coventry and leamington.
Plus there are a mobile repairers about . I use a guy from rugby, good guy and reasonably cheap, for anything I cannot do or be bothered to do. Lol 😂
TBH your young lad is probably better of going mobile , less overheads .

Tenkaykev

Guru
Its hard to run bike shop , what with on line competition and the big boys in the market. I am lucky their are a couple of good independent shops close to me in Coventry and leamington.
Plus there are a mobile repairers about . I use a guy from rugby, good guy and reasonably cheap, for anything I cannot do or be bothered to do. Lol 😂
TBH your young lad is probably better of going mobile , less overheads .
In my local wanderings I've seen a mobile bike mechanic. Mrs Tenkay spotted him first, he uses a cargo bike and cycles to your home to do repairs / maintenance etc.
A good point about the overheads, not having to fork out for premises plus heating / lighting security etc. It's a good way to find out the "lay of the land" and get a better idea of what's viable.
When Mrs Tenkay spoke to him she said he seemed quite knowledgeable, spotted her bike was a Roberts and knew a bit about them.
Although I changed the oil in the Rohloff hub last time and it's very straightforward, Mrs Tenkay is going to get him to give her bike a service.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 1258

She has written three books.I’m surprised the health and Safety mob haven’t stuck ther oar in re child safety.She’s a great shepherdess and a brilliant mother.I love the way the children support each other

Its a great family, lovely to watch, and a great upbringing for the children.

Dave7

Legendary Member
They’ve obviously done alright out of it. If you notice the vehicles and implements away back at the start of the series to now there’s been quite an improvement. It’s good watching though and makes a pleasant change from endless celebrity and talent and cooking shows!
Indeed..
But they (all) seem to work hard, long hours. So she started as a teenager, now has 9 children, its hard to begrudge her anything.
I am half way through book 1 and am glued to it.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Frankie Laine ??
We saw him live once.....brilliant.
That's the one I remember.^_^

Top Bottom