The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
My vacuum wasn't producing much suction so I replaced the belt and ran a 6ft pole through the intake hose. This dislodged an incredible tosheroon of dog hair, bits of plastic and paper, a few rubber bands, twigs etc woven into a solid mass. When I finally got that and all the crap behind it out it worked as good as new.
Simple fixes work the best, and cost the least.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
My bubble pal commandeered the small garden area in my yard for a vegetable plot this afternoon. I don't use it so she might as well. I did warn her that I had seen a black cat lurking out there, and sure enough - it turned out to be a feline turd minefield! xx( :laugh:

I have just watched Paris-Nice stage 1 (I'm a day behind), and episode 2 of Deutschland 89, then I did the washing up at the latest time that I ever have. Now I'm off to play 1 game each of Spider Solitaire, Backgammon, and Palisade, then have a go at a few crossword clues if I can stay awake long enough.

Dave7

Legendary Member
I AM GOLIATH.
Watched Bloodlands episode 3 last night. I don't have a clue who the baddie is.
MrsD was upchucking at 01.30 so I was stripping and remaking the bed at 0200. Everything in the wash now.
I am contemplating an Aldi dash.......but not sure yet.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
My vacuum wasn't producing much suction so I replaced the belt and ran a 6ft pole through the intake hose. This dislodged an incredible tosheroon of dog hair, bits of plastic and paper, a few rubber bands, twigs etc woven into a solid mass. When I finally got that and all the crap behind it out it worked as good as new.

This is a lovely word, so descriptive. I'd never heard it before and Google is my friend.......

PaulSB

Legendary Member
I AM GOLIATH.
Watched Bloodlands episode 3 last night. I don't have a clue who the baddie is.
MrsD was upchucking at 01.30 so I was stripping and remaking the bed at 0200. Everything in the wash now.
I am contemplating an Aldi dash.......but not sure yet.
I didn't watch the first two but had half an eye open while I dozed. Mrs P gets irritated if I ask questions. If you are up to date with last Sunday you can read the Spoiler.

In Sunday evening's episode James Nesbitt shot the elderly guy with the white hair. A few moments later Mrs P said she had no idea why he shot him. This saved me asking and the usual "well you were asleep." response :laugh:

Quick question. Is Adam Cory the elderly male with white hair? This would help my understanding and save me some grief.

Off for a doze now :okay:

Tenkaykev

Guru
Good morning one and all,
Blue bin day today and a Zoom meeting of our patient support group with a guest speaker from the Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital. Be good to catch up, I miss the “ in the flesh meetings” .
Sunshine and cold but at least the wind had dropped.
Have a peaceful day folks☀️🏃‍♀️🏃‍♂️

Dave7

Legendary Member
Has anyone watched The Yorkshire Farmer. Basically a quite lovely woman farmer and her older, very interesting husband AND their 9 children.
Amazing family that run a hill farm.
I am reading her story. I am on book one and to my knowledge there are three.
I highly recommend it.

Top Bottom