The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 1258

Has anyone watched The Yorkshire Farmer. Basically a quite lovely woman farmer and her older, very interesting husband AND their 9 children.
Amazing family that run a hill farm.
I am reading her story. I am on book one and to my knowledge there are three.
I highly recommend it.

They've been on TV, they've done several series about them.

https://www.channel5.com/show/our-yorkshire-farm/

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Good morning all, a nice sunny start to the day here.
I have made a marinade to soak some chicken thighs in for tea tonight, it's a Tom Kerridge recipe for southern fried chicken, but baked in the oven. Very tasty.

The normal dog walking and domestics to be done, and I may get a bimble on the bike in later. :bicycle:

Stay safe everyone, drink more tea :cuppa:

Mo1959

Legendary Member

She has written three books.I’m surprised the health and Safety mob haven’t stuck ther oar in re child safety.She’s a great shepherdess and a brilliant mother.I love the way the children support each other
They’ve obviously done alright out of it. If you notice the vehicles and implements away back at the start of the series to now there’s been quite an improvement. It’s good watching though and makes a pleasant change from endless celebrity and talent and cooking shows!

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Forecast is for heavy rain and gales but not starting until about mid day and Calmac are warning about disruptions.
This weeks excitement over as went to the coop for shopping. I buy pretty much the same sort of mix every time but it seems to cost more every week.
Very little bulk frozen stuff left in the freezer so hope I have enough to last till my next mainland visit to Oban hospital for an ultrasound. Hopefully no significant change from the last one.
Blepharitis is a problem and really need to see an optician as well as it does not seem to be clearing up.
Since my mainland bolt hole is closed off to me due to regulations I am a bit nervous going to the mainland in bad weather. They would not turn me away but better not to push unless in real emergency.

Top Bottom