The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
11th wedding anniversary to say. Mrs D has plans for me....oo-er Matron!
Happy Steel Anniversary.

Maybe buy some steel cookware!

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Last day in the Azors. What an amazing place. Its been a real adventure holiday.we have done so much in the week we have been here. Got a few beers in as well. Will post some pics when i get home.
15352016758652132264075.jpg

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Evening folks. I have had a day of doing not much.

Drago

Legendary Member
Been working on the Little Tikes car today. The main structure of the car is powder coated, not painted, steel. Very posh. The bodywork clips and screws on, which is lovely, but means the whole front of the car needs to come off to change a headlamp bulbs etc. So, I've spent much of the day doing a fairly common mod that hard core Smart car owners do so the bonnet section can be easily opened without having to spend 20 minutes removing the whole front of the car.

I've also fitted a turbo boost gauge - not because I've come over all Vin Diesel Fast and jolly angry, but because they make a great economy tool on a Smart, and a good early indicator of running problems.

I've got some new front foglight assemblies to fit as one is broken and the working one is all milky looking, but I'm all Smartied out for today. Maybe in the week.

classic33

Leg End Member
Been working on the Little Tikes car today. The main structure of the car is powder coated, not painted, steel. Very posh. The bodywork clips and screws on, which is lovely, but means the whole front of the car needs to come off to change a headlamp bulbs etc. So, I've spent much of the day doing a fairly common mod that hard core Smart car owners do so the bonnet section can be easily opened without having to spend 20 minutes removing the whole front of the car.

I've also fitted a turbo boost gauge - not because I've come over all Vin Diesel Fast and jolly angry, but because they make a great economy tool on a Smart, and a good early indicator of running problems.

I've got some new front foglight assemblies to fit as one is broken and the working one is all milky looking, but I'm all Smartied out for today. Maybe in the week.
I realise it's your Steel Anniversary and everything...

D

Deleted member 1258

This morning I took my Good Lady to the Stratford Armories for a spot of lunch and a browse round the knick knacks, then we drove down to the Stratford On Avon park and ride and caught the bus into town for a potter round. We caught the bus back in heavy rain but by the time we got back to the car the sun was shining and it shone all the way home. I've been pottering round the garden tonight and I have given up on moving my ferns for now, everywhere I put my spade in where the grass is at the top of the garden I come down on concrete.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom