The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
The quilt is really heavy and has won the battle to keep me pinned down, bacon butty is on its way. I love caravanning.
We used to enjoy lying in bed at night (in our van) listening to the rain on the roof. Simple pleasures hey!

Dave7

Legendary Member
Lousy weather here but its Sunday and I enjoy watching the sport on tv so later on will curl up with a nice malt and watch some golf/cycling/footy or whatever is on.
Food will be.........
Mixed fresh fruit & yogurt for breckie
A mix of salad, cous cous, stuffed peppers, cheese and 'stuff' with fresh bread for late lunch/early tea.

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
I love caravanning.
Me too. Off again in two weeks time for a fortnight in Cornwall. I reckon that will take us over 70 nights away, so far this year.
MrsD wants to try a new site in Somerset for a week in October. We'll go away for a week for my birthday in November and we will spend a week over Christmas in the van on Dartmoor.
It's just very pleasant having a change of scenery, new walks and different pubs.:okay:

Dave7

Legendary Member
Off to Cheshire Oaks today.
After anything specific or just a "wander around"?
Last time we went I missed the right turn and thought.... I know, I will go round the next roundabout and double back. Only I didnt realize the left lane forked off with a barrier that stopped me moving over. I ended up behind the picture house with absolutely no idea which way I was facing. Took me several good guesses to get to where I needed to be.

classic33

Leg End Member
Think I might have a cold coming on. Bah.
Ice cream!

screenman

Legendary Member
After anything specific or just a "wander around"?
Last time we went I missed the right turn and thought.... I know, I will go round the next roundabout and double back. Only I didnt realize the left lane forked off with a barrier that stopped me moving over. I ended up behind the picture house with absolutely no idea which way I was facing. Took me several good guesses to get to where I needed to be.

We parked in the wrong shopping centre and have had to walk across. Who knows what she is shopping for, not me.

Top Bottom