The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

numbnuts

Legendary Member
Meet Pepper :smile:

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Hello Pepper!

Dave7

Legendary Member
@Dirk that was the holiday when a couple put their tent next to ours
We learned next day that she was his secretary and he had told his wife he was away on business.
Anyway......he had borrowed the tent and had no idea sound travelled so much.
I must say I was impressed with his bonking skills and her orgasms.
Next day I 'bit the bullet' and told him. He was actually quite grateful.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
@Dirk that was the holiday when a couple put their tent next to ours
We learned next day that she was his secretary and he had told his wife he was away on business.
Anyway......he had borrowed the tent and had no idea sound travelled so much.
I must say I was impressed with his bonking skills and her orgasms.
Next day I 'bit the bullet' and told him. He was actually quite grateful.
I've heard people in lurrrrrv action on different floors of adjacent houses! I am surprised that anybody would think that a layer of canvas would be soundproof... :laugh:

Campers also note: If you keep a light on in your tent and it is dark outside, it is often possible to see your silhouettes on its sides... :whistle:

ColinJ

Hmm, interesting...!

I ordered a touch screen stylus from a vendor on ebay on Saturday and it arrived today. It is an excellent little thing costing only £1.88 incl. p&p so I thought I'd leave some good feedback. I went to leave the feedback and got a message saying that the vendor has been removed from ebay, so I can't! I've never seen that before...

Given that the existing feedback was good, and that I received a quality product quickly, what on earth can have happened since Saturday? :whistle:

Tenkaykev

Guru
I've heard people in lurrrrrv action on different floors of adjacent houses! I am surprised that anybody would think that a layer of canvas would be soundproof... :laugh:

Campers also note: If you keep a light on in your tent and it is dark outside, it is often possible to see your silhouettes on its sides... :whistle:

This reminds me of one of the comments I read in response to an online newspaper article a while ago. It was a weekend in the height of summer, many windows open to catch the available breeze. There were four terraces of houses with the individual back gardens all forming a sort of enclosed square. A lot of the houses were having barbecues and much laughter and merriment. All of a sudden from one of the bedroom windows came the sound of lovemaking. This gradually increased in intensity, and as it did so the chatter from the gardens gradually fell away until it was practically silent. The lovemaking continued to a very noisy crescendo and all fell quiet until a voice from one of the gardens was heard to shout “ You lucky bastard “ followed by everyone joining in with cheering and laughter.

classic33

Leg End Member
Hmm, interesting...!

I ordered a touch screen stylus from a vendor on ebay on Saturday and it arrived today. It is an excellent little thing costing only £1.88 incl. p&p so I thought I'd leave some good feedback. I went to leave the feedback and got a message saying that the vendor has been removed from ebay, so I can't! I've never seen that before...

Given that the existing feedback was good, and that I received a quality product quickly, what on earth can have happened since Saturday? :whistle:
There'll be a knock on your door shortly.

classic33

Leg End Member
@Dave7, I know where I was when:
The SAS entered the Iranian embassy
Those immortal words "I am not allowed to say how planes took part, but I counted them all out, and I counted them all back" were uttered
The SAS arrival on Pebble Island was made public knowledge
The first space shuttle launch was made
The Iraqi invasion of Kuwait started
The first Gulf War started

And do you know, I was in the same place for each.(Front room watching the telly.)
Do you think I somehow jinxed them?

ColinJ

Do you have a problem with the Chrome browser in Windows if you close the lid of your laptop with Chrome tabs open? Mine was driving me nuts because the foreground tab was always frozen when the laptop was woken up again.

It just happened to me again so I did a search and found the answer HERE...

Post said:
To fix Chrome freezing/not scrolling after waking from sleep:

1. Go to your address bar are type in chrome://flags
2. In the search box, type 'occlusion'
3. When 'Calculate window occlusion on Windows' pops up, change it from 'Default' to 'Disabled'

Restart Chrome, issue solved. Thanks to the Microsoft Edge team for getting to the bottom of this. It works on my version of Chrome and Chromium.

Credit:
Riley Foster, Microsoft community member who discovered the fix - https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...essageId=654fb245-c6c2-4e43-ac6c-198816dedf89
It works for me!

The next thing to look at is how much power Chrome seems to use. I have used up 15% of my battery in about 20 minutes which is at least 2 or 3 times what I would expect.

Damn - 03:30 - so much for going to bed earlier; see you tomorrow, today, later... whatever! :wacko:

Dave7

Legendary Member
Hello all!!
Summer is on the way.....it was +2° at 0500^_^. Next week will be up to 17° which is just about right for me...... 18 or 19 would also be acceptable.
I confess..... after yesterdays stress we enjoyed a few whiskies last night (bog standard stuff with lemonade) and I slept 'heavy' so a bit groggy when I woke.
Car in for basic service at 0915 then I walk round to the barbers and GET MY HAIR CUT :hyper:

Dave7

Legendary Member
@Dave7, I know where I was when:
The SAS entered the Iranian embassy
Those immortal words "I am not allowed to say how planes took part, but I counted them all out, and I counted them all back" were uttered
The SAS arrival on Pebble Island was made public knowledge
The first space shuttle launch was made
The Iraqi invasion of Kuwait started
The first Gulf War started

And do you know, I was in the same place for each.(Front room watching the telly.)
Do you think I somehow jinxed them?
I thought you were about to tell me you were commanding the SAS on that day.
Quite disappointing to find you are a normal human type person....... I was expecting more :sad:

Top Bottom